Google Pixel wont connect to wifi

I have been fighting with this new phone for the last 2 days and I cannot find a solution

I've spoken to google support and we've tried Safe mode, clearing app cache, factory restore, WPS push button, hitting the reset button on both the modem and my router, unplugging and plugging them back in, I bought a new router (My idea: thinking if a Google OnHub cant connect to this google phone then nothing will), rebooting the phone, disconnecting all other devices from the router and trying to connect, playing with location services to see if they make a difference.

I did get it to connect by removing the wifi protection and it also worked with WEP but WPA2/WPA it just goes to obtaining Ip address then saves, it never connects to the internet. My PC and PS4 connect and disconnect from the internet no problems it's just this fucking phone, I have read that if I change the IP setting to "Static" it should work but I don't know how to do that, i've tried google and it got me "connected, no internet access" and so far the best i've got is authentification failure. It's a nice phone but I don't think I can afford a phone that uses nothing but mobile data, that could end up costing upwards of 200 a month.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

I found this post after googling the same problem. My brother got the Pixel phone yesterday and he has the same problem and I'm trying to help sort it out. 
I notice that you posted this in Dec 2016, have you been able to resolve this since and if so how?

On 2/1/2017 at 4:06 AM, LukeStratford92 said:

Hi, 

I found this post after googling the same problem. My brother got the Pixel phone yesterday and he has the same problem and I'm trying to help sort it out. 
I notice that you posted this in Dec 2016, have you been able to resolve this since and if so how?

Sorry man I went through the bug reporting process with google support and they told me they don't have a fix for it, I brought it back to the store where they replicated the issue and sent it away and google sent me a new phone a week later, my new phone now sometimes doesn't do phone calls so im gonna send the replacement back and get a third.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?