How Should I Pick a Second Monitor

nightlovin

I am trying to decide on a second monitor. I don't really have any desire to do dual monitors while gaming, but have the second monitor for internet browsing and video watching while playing games. Right now I have a Acer G257HU smidpx 25-Inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor, and I don't if I should make this my second monitor and get a better one, get the same monitor, or get a lesser monitor. I have a i5 6600k that I am overclocking with a gtx 1070. I am looking to spend around $300(US) on the new monitor. Any guidance and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  

I would get a cheap, maybe IPS 1080p monitor.

If it's not meant for gaming i don't see the point in getting an expensive monitor.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

While I'm not sure how applicable this is, I just use an ancient and kinda crappy monitor that was just lying around. You can buy them for literally £17 on ebay (Dell 1702fp) Yeah it sucks but anything important goes on the main screen anyway. Buy something cheap unless you have any particular reason to get something nicer. Alternatively, you could save and get a matching one which would look a lot nicer and more seamless (especially if you ever plan on upgrading to 3 monitors)

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @4.4GHz Motherboard: Intel DX79TO | Graphics Card: XFX RX 480 RS RAM:  16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 @ 1600MHz Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: 1x Kingston UV400 120GB | 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 1x WD Green 1TB | PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W | Case: NZXT S340 White | Cooling: NZXT Kraken x31