Best 1440p monitor for PC + consoles

Spancer

Hi guys,

So I'm moving to a little apartement and I need a good monitor to hook up my PC and my PS4 Slim. Since the slim has no optical out it would need a HDMI connection and speakers so I can actually hear something. Also besides gaming, I'll be watching a lot of movies and shows with the PC, so I thought about a 144hz IPS display like the Asus MG279Q but I'm not sure if you can input the sound via HDMI? Are there any other good (maybe cheaper) options?

Thanks

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

I am willing to spend up to 600$ but if there's a great value one I wouldn't mind going cheaper. It just has to work with consoles through HDMI.

2 hours ago, Spancer said:

I am willing to spend up to 600$ but if there's a great value one I wouldn't mind going cheaper. It just has to work with consoles through HDMI.

With a budget like that, why not get 2 monitors?

EDIT: You could also get some nice speakers

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

With a budget like that, why not get 2 monitors?

You think the second for consoles and a good one just for PC? I mean, there's no need for both to be 144hz I think.

What monitor would you pair with the BENQ GW2765HT?

You think the second for consoles and a good one just for PC? I mean, there's no need for both to be 144hz I think.

What monitor would you pair with the BENQ GW2765HT?

Depends on how big you want it. I would recommend this one: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CMCrxr/asus-vg245h-240-75hz-monitor-vg245h

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

It would be best if the dpi were the same or close so you don't get two different sized windows

Okay, this one is 165Hz but goes a bit over budget when paired with the one I listed earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IOO4SGK/?tag=pcpapi-20

This fits your needs for a single monitor but uses up the whole budget.

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-2560x1440-Tournaments-Professional-XL2730/dp/B01H5KKVME/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Depends on how big you want it. I would recommend this one: 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CMCrxr/asus-vg245h-240-75hz-monitor-vg245h

kelvin's is 1080p....

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

33 minutes ago, Spancer said:

It would be best if the dpi were the same or close so you don't get two different sized windows

In that case then you'll need both panels to be 1440p else...have fun? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

so i'm thinking about the GW2765HT and another cheapo 27" 1440p that doesn't have to do anything besides being my second monitor. what's a good value there?

2 hours ago, DKL said:

Okay, this one is 165Hz but goes a bit over budget when paired with the one I listed earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-2560x1440-Tournaments-Professional-XL2730/dp/B01H5KKVME/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

kelvin's is 1080p....

PS4 Slim is 1080p, I don't see a problem...

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

PS4 Slim is 1080p, I don't see a problem...

He made it clear in his reply to your post that he wants to mainly use it as a 2nd monitor when not playing PS

yeah, I was thinking first monitor for use as main PC monitor & PS4 monitor and second monitor for stuff like skype/websites etc. for when I play PS4 on the first one I still have access to chat programs.

3 hours ago, Spancer said:

yeah, I was thinking first monitor for use as main PC monitor & PS4 monitor and second monitor for stuff like skype/websites etc. for when I play PS4 on the first one I still have access to chat programs.

So what do you think of what I pointed out so far? 

The 165hz dell is a little expensive and i don't see the use for g-sync on a second monitor? Or did you think to take it as the main monitor?

I like the GW2765HT it has good reviews so if i take a 24" 1080p as second monitor will the dpi be close?

also, speakers wouldn't work with the ps4 slim as it ouputs sound only via hdmi

1 hour ago, DKL said:

kelvin's is 1080p....

NO

DO NOT BUY THAT MONITOR

I did and seriously regret it.

Might make a post about it since I'm still raging but when in sleep mode the monitor goes into a flicker cycle of red green blue black and white

The only way to stop this 'regularity according to dell' is to switch off the damn thing which befits the purpose of 'sleep mode'.

2 hours ago, RideToHellBestGame2013 said:

NO

DO NOT BUY THAT MONITOR

I did and seriously regret it.

Might make a post about it since I'm still raging but when in sleep mode the monitor goes into a flicker cycle of red green blue black and white

The only way to stop this 'regularity according to dell' is to switch off the damn thing which befits the purpose of 'sleep mode'.

Okay, thanks for letting us know. We actually moved on from there :P

Just now, DKL said:

Okay, thanks for letting us know. We actually moved on from there :P

Oh wow, guess thats what I get for not refreshing the page and posting lol

Thank you guys for the help I think i'll get the BenQ first and wait a bit to see what comes under my nose. :)

Thank you guys for the help I think i'll get the BenQ first and wait a bit to see what comes under my nose. :)

Did you see the ASUS I posted??

3 hours ago, DKL said:

Edit: NVM just realized it's actually 1080p Lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I plan on ordering my build on monday and I found out that the BenQ is only 60hz. Is there something with at least 120hz available for around the same price? I'm thinking about going with a single Dell S2716DG since it's on sale for 560$ where I buy my stuff.