Change a devices ping on same network?

ActuallyGoose

Hey, super quick question. Is there any way to limit a device (in this case a PS4) to a certain speed so that it get's higher ping. Seems like a bit of a dick move but my younger brother constantly refuses to get off of it, and I need a way to get him to listen without just taking out the Ethernet or disabling it through the router commands.

Thanks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

That is such a dick move. Try going into your router's settings and see if there is anything there to limit or prioritize a device's data usage. What router do you have?

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

That is such a dick move. Try going into your router's settings and see if there is anything there to limit or prioritize a device's data usage. What router do you have?

Yeah, i know it's a dick move. But he literally lives on the PS4 and is constantly screaming when he dies, blaming either lag or people hacking (which it's neither) and constantly trying to record or livesteam when our internet can't handle it, nor can he do anything with the clips he records. So this is the only other thing i could think of trying to maybe make him get sick of the lag and just go do something else. And i've searched through the router settings a few times, yet to find anything, I've got a Netgear Nighthawk D7000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

Just now, ybriK said:

192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 is most likely your friend.

I always use 10.0.0.1, but so far all I've been able to do is block it from the internet, though when I do that things just get worse

Found this http://kb.netgear.com/24225/How-do-I-monitor-Internet-traffic-on-my-Nighthawk-router

" Traffic metering allows you to monitor the volume of Internet traffic that passes through the router Internet port. You can set limits for traffic volume. " Seems like QoS (Quality of Service) which basically means bandwidth control.

Not sure how specific you can control the bandwidth though, hopefully you can do per IP/MAC address.

Also there should be some kind of Bandwidth Control through the router settings. (10.0.0.1)

4 minutes ago, Mufastang said:

Yeah, i know it's a dick move. But he literally lives on the PS4 and is constantly screaming when he dies, blaming either lag or people hacking (which it's neither) and constantly trying to record or livesteam when our internet can't handle it, nor can he do anything with the clips he records. So this is the only other thing i could think of trying to maybe make him get sick of the lag and just go do something else. And i've searched through the router settings a few times, yet to find anything, I've got a Netgear Nighthawk D7000

oh, that has Netgear Genie. I've used that before. I think that if you go to 'attached devies' you can prioritize devices (low, medium or high). You can also go to 'advanced' then 'setup' then 'qos setup' and then click 'I want to define my internet bandwith.' But I'm not sure if you can do it to other devices. You will have to find out yourself

4 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

oh, that has Netgear Genie. I've used that before. I think that if you go to 'attached devies' you can prioritize devices (low, medium or high). You can also go to 'advanced' then 'setup' then 'qos setup' and then click 'I want to define my internet bandwith.' But I'm not sure if you can do it to other devices. You will have to find out yourself

Oh okay, I've never understood the qos, i thought it was more of a simple "High, medium, low" setting, which i'd already configured, but i might have to dive further into it. Thank you