Mouse for FPS

mongermaniac

So I bought the logitech g502 and its coming in a few days, right now I have been using a razer abyssus mirror for the last 3 years and I mainly play fps. Ive only really started to notice that my accuracy is being affected by this mouse. Is this true? I looked up the weight difference and my current mouse is only like 56 grams, and the g502 is over 150. Will this increased weight and design most likely help my shots in  my fps games? Thanks ( I mainly play BF1, Squad)

7 minutes ago, mongermaniac said:

So I bought the logitech g502 and its coming in a few days, right now I have been using a razer abyssus mirror for the last 3 years and I mainly play fps. Ive only really started to notice that my accuracy is being affected by this mouse. Is this true? I looked up the weight difference and my current mouse is only like 56 grams, and the g502 is over 150. Will this increased weight and design most likely help my shots in  my fps games? Thanks ( I mainly play BF1, Squad)

Mice and weight is more about personal preference. The extra weight can ruin accuracy for some, but others improve it. Accuracy is more of a function of muscle memory and repetition, not so much hardware.

7 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Mice and weight is more about personal preference. The extra weight can ruin accuracy for some, but others improve it. Accuracy is more of a function of muscle memory and repetition, not so much hardware.

Although good gear can help get better aim. It certainly happened to me when I switched from the Redragon Centrophorus to the Zowie EC2-A, but yes, the mice will only be as good as the wielder. lol

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

Just now, Apollo Refugio said:

Although good gear can help get better aim. It certainly happened to me when I switched from the Redragon Centrophorus to the Zowie EC2-A, but yes, the mice will only be as good as the wielder. lol

Yeah, if you have a crap sensor and then move to a higher quality mouse, you could see a slight improvement.

24 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Yeah, if you have a crap sensor and then move to a higher quality mouse, you could see a slight improvement.

not really slight improvement in my opinion, but sure

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

8 minutes ago, Apollo Refugio said:

not really slight improvement in my opinion, but sure

It depends on the sensors. If you have a crap sensor, and you're used to the inaccuracy, then move to a super accurate mouse, you could potentially see a slight drop in your in-game accuracy. And then if the DPI is different as well, it will take a little adjustment as well. Overall, yes, you'll should see improvement. But again, it's up to the arm controlling the mouse as to the overall performance.

I felt that lowering my sensitivity/DPI helped with my accuracy in game by a lot.