Windows 10 pro is not indtalling

savedan
Go to solution Solved by pwn_intended,

It sounds like your PC is rebooting from the USB key again.

Try pulling out the USB and letting it do its thang.

I just build my first pc and created the usb boot device. I go in the installationsprocess. Enter language etc. Hit install now. It asks for the code. I type it in. I accept the licence terms and I choose the install windows only option. I have 2 drives, eventho I have 1 SSD,: drive 0 partition 1 system reserved and drive 0 partition 2. Only the second one works so i choose it and go throught the installation, after witch it sais it has to restart the system. My pc restarts and the setup begins from the beginning. What should I do? What is wrong and how to fix it?

I don't know why, but I had the same problem last time I installed windows. Also had terrible trouble with the microsoft boot device creator just crashing constantly. Only thing I can say is I just kept trying over and over and eventually... it just worked... for some reason... Maybe check your BIOS settings and make sure the boot order is correct.

8 minutes ago, featherwolf said:

I don't know why, but I had the same problem last time I installed windows. Also had terrible trouble with the microsoft boot device creator just crashing constantly. Only thing I can say is I just kept trying over and over and eventually... it just worked... for some reason... Maybe check your BIOS settings and make sure the boot order is correct.

you should also delete the partitions that way you're starting from 100% fresh.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

12 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

It sounds like your PC is rebooting from the USB key again.

Try pulling out the USB and letting it do its thang.

Thank you so much! I pulled the usb out when it was restarting and now it looks like its working! Thanks!

1 minute ago, savedan said:

Thank you so much! I pulled the usb out when it was restarting and now it looks like its working! Thanks!

Now that we know USB is the primary boot device, you may want to change up the boot order in your BIOS such that your main HDD/SSD is higher in the order than USB.

The main reason I recommend this is because of the number of times that I have "fixed" computers that don't boot simply by unplugging a thumb drive.

When in doubt, re-format.