4K UHD Burning and Writing

I have searched the internet all morning and still can't find a decent answer to my question. My question is "What do I need in order to burn 4K content on a disc, and what do I need to play them."

For the burning part I'm looking for advice in what type of Internal Blu-ray Drives support 4K UHD Burning and if any type of Blu-ray Disc supports that resolution writing.

For the playing part I'm mainly looking for software what is capable. And if playing back on Linux is preferred rather than Windows as i have heard issues on 4K playback in Windows.

I am looking to purchase on Amazon an LG WH16NS40 Blu-ray Burner and some cheap Optical Quantum OQBDR06LT-50 Blu-ray discs for a small filming business as well as personal use since I want to store 4k videos on disc to save memory space on my PC and play it on the PC later on when needed.

Any recommendations or advice in 4k burning would be greatly appreciated.

I thought HDD's were alot cheaper then DVD's/blue rays, when looking at price / gb...

Could be, for $16 you can get 50 Blu-ray Discs that support 25Gb on each disc. But I meant to mention that the 1080p and 4K content I'd like to write on Blu-ray is family moments as well as business. Since hard drives can fail (Had 1 fail already) and I'm tired of backups and burning on multiple 4.7Gb DVD Discs.

I've scratched up and lost more dvd disks/blueray disks, then I wrecked hard drives... I think the best wat would be to get an HDD with an external case. But that's just me. (also saves ALOT of time, searching for the right disk...)

My experience is that flash/thumb drives are a very good investment and can be cheap when buying in bulk for family moments because USB is a much more common standard. This is typically the case for families as many still use laptops for viewing photos and not too many family-use oriented laptops or computers (ie. chromebooks and low-end pre-built PCs) have Blu-ray drives let alone CD drives at all. Also some companies allow for you to put your logo or brand on the drives, advertisement is always a plus.

@Qweeb That's a good idea possibly for my business projects, but I still prefer Blu-ray discs for family moments since I prefer to watch them on the tv from a Blu-ray player or possibly PC for 4k output playback if supported on disc and burner. Plus I already have many stored in cases with separate titles so I know which is which. Many of my old family videos were recorded on VHS but I converted them to DVD, still I plan to put some if not all on Blu-ray for larger storage to get rid of some split-up disc content.

I have decided to buy the LG WH16NS40 Blu-ray Burner Drive as well as some USBs later on as @Qweeb has previously mentioned for my 1080p and 4K videos (4K videos on USB not Blu-ray). I am still curious to know if 4k burning is possible yet or if it's not yet for the public as UHD Players are still costly at $400.