Removing the Speaker Part from Water Speakers?

thetimeis2

So I have some water speakers, the $10 kind from Walmart.

I got them as a Christmas gift, and they're pretty cool.

As expected, though, the audio quality isn't very good, and I already have some half decent speakers.

I was wondering if there was a safe and practical way to remove the "speaker" part of the inside so that I could listen to music through my headphones, and have the water jumping without disturbing my whole family.

Main questions:

-Is it safe?

-Is it possible at all?

-Is it reasonable to try it, or should I just not worry about it and ignore this idea entirely ;)

Thanks for any help. I'm going to be busy for the next couple of days, so I'll be back in the conversation in a bit.

Meanwhile, you guys can work your magic and come to a concensus.

12 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What speakers? link?

You mean something like this? https://www.amazon.com/DE-Dancing-Water-Speakers-Black/dp/B00IUOCQN2

If you just want the lights, you can open them(probably a screw or clips) and cut the wire to the drivers.

Exactly these, but by e-joy.

https://www.amazon.com/e-joy-E-joy-Music-Dancing-Speakers/dp/B01A1F94GY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482268361&sr=8-2&keywords=water+speakers+ejoy

6 minutes ago, thetimeis2 said:

You can take them apart and cut the speaker wires going to the driver. Or if you don't care about how it looks, just stab the speaker with a knife and pull them out.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can take them apart and cut the speaker wires going to the driver. Or if you don't care about how it looks, just stab the speaker with a knife and pull them out.

Thanks, lemme get my knife.