your opinion on RX 480 RED DRAGON 8GB

Knurd

if someone already has this GPU, i want some opinions on it, is the cheapest i could find, i can't afford another RX 480, i don't OC or stress my GPU a bit, just wanna be happy with 1080p at 45+ fps, is this GPU good enough?

4 minutes ago, Knurd said:

if someone already has this GPU, i want some opinions on it, is the cheapest i could find, i can't afford another RX 480, i don't OC or stress my GPU a bit, just wanna be happy with 1080p at 45+ fps, is this GPU good enough?

yeah it's a rx480 with a cool looking cooler 

8 minutes ago, Knurd said:

I haven't seen a PCB breakdown of that card so it's impossible to say. Overall, you should be fine though. Just make sure to NEVER run FurMark on it.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The Powercolor Red Devil has the worst vrm's out of the lot.

I'd recommend pretty much any of the other models, with the XFX / Asus / Sapphire AiB models being the best. MSI's Gaming X cools decently, and the Gigabyte is no slouch either. Go for whichever is cheapest, whilst avoiding the Red Devil.

Roses are red, Templars wear white. 

Will you take Jerusalem with me tonight?

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

I haven't seen a PCB breakdown of that card so it's impossible to say. Overall, you should be fine though. Just make sure to NEVER run FurMark on it.

is there something wrong with the FurMark software that makes the gpu behave differently or is the hardware that isn't able to handle all the stress? another question: is it possible that a game can stress just as FurMark does on a gpu?

2 minutes ago, MograineLefay said:

The Powercolor Red Devil has the worst vrm's out of the lot.

I'd recommend pretty much any of the other models, with the XFX / Asus / Sapphire AiB models being the best. MSI's Gaming X cools decently, and the Gigabyte is no slouch either. Go for whichever is cheapest, whilst avoiding the Red Devil.

is the red devil the same as red dragon?

2 minutes ago, Knurd said:

is there something wrong with the FurMark software that makes the gpu behave differently or is the hardware that isn't able to handle all the stress? another question: is it possible that a game can stress just as FurMark does on a gpu?

It puts unrealistic stress on the card that will never happen in ANY other scenario. The reason I tell you to avoid is because I don't know if the card has the same VRMs as the original Red Devil 480 which would actually blow up if you ran FurMark on them because they were poor quality.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

is the red devil the same as red dragon?

The cooler is different, but we have no idea if the PCB is any better. The Red Devil cooler is better so the likelihood that the Red Dragon has better PCB components is very low.

in his channel he made a follow up video about the PCB, resuming: it ain't bad as he said on the first video. @MograineLefay

Haven't touched a Power Color Polaris card, but a quick glance at their various Polaris product pages suggests that their build quality and cooler design are piss-poor this go-round. The sheer number of DOA/dead within days claims on their Red Devil RX 480 is a bit terrifying.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

10 minutes ago, Knurd said:

in his channel he made a follow up video about the PCB, resuming: it ain't bad as he said on the first video. @MograineLefay

As he pointed out in the video, it's not bad in the sense the card will not blow up or overheat and die. But at the same time, Powercolor really skimp out on quality. I personally would prefer paying an extra £20 to get a better quality card from another AiB company.

Roses are red, Templars wear white. 

Will you take Jerusalem with me tonight?

15 minutes ago, Knurd said:

Yes, for normal everyday use, its' fine. It's just that a lot of PC gamers like to bench their GPUs with FurMark. That's where you will run into problems.

5 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Yes, for normal everyday use, its' fine. It's just that a lot of PC gamers like to bench their GPUs with FurMark. That's where you will run into problems.

yeah, i don't care about that, just wanna play my usual games and some new AAA games at 1080p, thats it.

yeah, i don't care about that, just wanna play my usual games and some new AAA games at 1080p, thats it.

Then go ahead and get it.