Which Resident Evil?

Slottr

So I've noticed that all the resident evil games are on sale on steam..

I loved the hell out of 4 back on the PS2 but never got back into it when 5 came out.

Im torn between getting 5 or 6.. or any other.. Help! 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

They're both bad, but RE5 is the better of the two.

Roses are red, Templars wear white. 

Will you take Jerusalem with me tonight?

2 minutes ago, MograineLefay said:

They're both bad, but RE5 is the better of the two.

Really? Any other that you'd recommend that would be newer than 4?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

17 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Really? Any other that you'd recommend that would be newer than 4?

Everything after Resident Evil 4 has been bad imo. It's lost it's horror factor and are now just general run and gun in style.

The Resident Evil remasters are definitely good ones though. (Resident Evil Biohazard + Resident Evil 0).

But Steam does have RE4, 5 and 6 in a bundle for £13.01.

You should watch some reviews for more insight.

To me, these are the only good Resident Evil titles - 

Resident Evil  (there is a remaster available on PC)

Resident Evil 2 

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Resident Evil 0 (remaster also available on PC)

I agree with @MograineLefay, once they got away from zombies the franchise went downhill. Resident Evil used to be my favorite video game series, I have so many copies of all of he games it's kinda sad (I still have a PS2 just to play my copy of Outbreak even though the servers went offline years ago). After RE4 I basically just buy the games when they're on sale or on Humble Bundle now with no real interest in playing them but I support Capcom in hopes they keep making the animated movies which I still enjoy.

-KuJoe

7 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

I agree with @MograineLefay, once they got away from zombies the franchise went downhill. Resident Evil used to be my favorite video game series, I have so many copies of all of he games it's kinda sad (I still have a PS2 just to play my copy of Outbreak even though the servers went offline years ago). After RE4 I basically just buy the games when they're on sale or on Humble Bundle now with no real interest in playing them but I support Capcom in hopes they keep making the animated movies which I still enjoy.

The only saving grace for Resident Evil 4, is Leon S Kennedy being the MC. The older Resident Evil titles, with their more basic and rudimentary  style in how you control the character, combined with the scarce amount of available ammo made it that much more fun to play. Because you couldn't just pump everything that moves with bullets, as there was not a lot of ammo. The newer Resident Evil titles are too hollywood-esque in their over the top design of enemies and cutscenes. Always trying to make something bigger, leading to battles where you fire like 500 rifle bullets into the boss to kill them. 

Resident Evil 2, and 3 remain in my list of best games ever made.

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

I loved the hell out of 4 back on the PS2 but never got back into it when 5 came out.

As stated 5-6 are pretty aweful.

2 hours ago, MograineLefay said:

Everything after Resident Evil 4 has been bad imo. It's lost it's horror factor and are now just general run and gun in style.

The Resident Evil remasters are definitely good ones though. (Resident Evil Biohazard + Resident Evil 0).

But Steam does have RE4, 5 and 6 in a bundle for £13.01.

You should watch some reviews for more insight.

To me, these are the only good Resident Evil titles - 

Resident Evil  (there is a remaster available on PC)

Resident Evil 2 

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Resident Evil 0 (remaster also available on PC)

This I don't completely agree with 5-6 are bad yes, but Revelations 1&2 are pretty damn good games, though the port of rev2 could be better, with some tweeking its play able (probably better on console, hate it when devs get lazy, especially when rev1 was an amazing port).

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

Okay play dead space 1 and The Evil Within

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R