Winter sale games list

Iron couch

So i put together a short list of games that i could/should buy from the upcoming winter sale:

DeadCore
Mirrors Edge
GTA V
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament(?)
Factorio
Terraria
The Long Dark
COD World At War
Far Cry 2/3/4
Fallout 3
Dark Souls 3 DLC
Superhot

Any games in particular i should be buying without a shadow of a doubt? I know GTA V is the elephant in the room but the price is a bit off-putting so will see how low the prices go...

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Far Cry 3 should be high on your list. I don't care much for any of the other games you've listed except GTA V

I also say Mirror's Edge is a waste to buy. Just get an EA Vault membership for a month terminate until they have new games you want to play. They have the original and Catalyst for $5.

6 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

So i put together a short list of games that i could/should buy from the upcoming winter sale:

DeadCore
Mirrors Edge
GTA V
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament(?)
Factorio
Terraria
The Long Dark
COD World At War
Far Cry 2/3/4
Fallout 3
Dark Souls 3 DLC
Superhot

Any games in particular i should be buying without a shadow of a doubt? I know GTA V is the elephant in the room but the price is a bit off-putting so will see how low the prices go...

No BF1 ? My soul is sad

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

X Plane 11

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Just now, XenosTech said:

No BF1 ? My soul is sad

Dont worry i bought it during launch ;) Didnt like it that much tho, the shallow gun progression kinda killed it for me as there wasnt much reason to grind for some super fun guns and useful attachments like in 3 and 4. 

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

stardew valley
kerbal space program

factorio never goes on sale i believe, the developers are really down to earth hence the completely honest flat 20€ price

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

No BF1 ? My soul is sad

Don't take it personal. His life favors the single player stuff

6 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Far Cry 3 should be high on your list. I don't care much for any of the other games you've listed except GTA V

Yeah Far Cry 3 has been on my to do list for quite a while but ive kinda gotten tired of the generic open world games lately so i might pass unless it goes really cheap (under 5€)

7 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I also say Mirror's Edge is a waste to buy. Just get an EA Vault membership for a month terminate until they have new games you want to play. They have the original and Catalyst for $5.

Oh yeah i forgot vault still exists xD should look into that.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Don't take it personal. His life favors the single player stuff

Nah i already have CSGO, Overwatch and Rocket League to keep me busy on the multiplayer front hence the single player filled list

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

Yeah Far Cry 3 has been on my to do list for quite a while but ive kinda gotten tired of the generic open world games lately so i might pass unless it goes really cheap (under 5€)

You mean every Ubisoft game since 2010? :D But I will emphasize, FC3 had a story line like nobody's business. You will be on the edge of your seat.

Oh yeah i forgot vault still exists xD should look into that.

For sure! They also have NFS if you're into racing at all. It was a fun short little ride. Only bested by Forza Horizon series IMO

Nah i already have CSGO, Overwatch and Rocket League to keep me busy on the multiplayer front hence the single player filled list

I'm in love with Rocket League. It's my bae...

But Overwatch? I should have played over the free weekend but I just forgot. It looks so ADD when I watch gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

But Overwatch? I should have played over the free weekend but I just forgot. It looks so ADD when I watch gameplay.

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

You mean every Ubisoft game since 2010? :D But I will emphasize, FC3 had a story line like nobody's business. You will be on the edge of your seat.

For sure! They also have NFS if you're into racing at all. It was a fun short little ride. Only bested by Forza Horizon series IMO

TBH i hate the modern NFS Games due to the car handling being horrible compared to say NFS Carbon.

Shift is nice tho, and i did enjoy Hot Pursuit for its more action packed races.

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

Yeah i used to play alot of rocket league with some mates in Ranked but they dont really play anymore so ive moved back CS and OW. OW is pretty much the hero based shooter perfected gameplay wise but the childish fighting over who gets to play Genji and other popular heroes can turn you off...

TLDR: If youll get OW, get friends to play with as well!

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

Dont worry i bought it during launch ;) Didnt like it that much tho, the shallow gun progression kinda killed it for me as there wasnt much reason to grind for some super fun guns and useful attachments like in 3 and 4. 

Ah still have yet to buy it EA is bsing and won't change my currency to USD since that's geographically the closest shop to be and euros is 3x as much for me

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

27 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

The Long Dark

Don't. That game sucks. No offense to the devs, but it sucks. 
Get the Forest or something else instead. The long dark is just ... bad imo. 

Ah still have yet to buy it EA is bsing and won't change my currency to USD since that's geographically the closest shop to be and euros is 3x as much for me

Dont worry you arent missing out on much. Its basically BF4 reskinned to WW1 with less weapon customisation, progression and another half-assed campaign.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

Dont worry you arent missing out on much. Its basically BF4 reskinned to WW1 with less weapon customisation, progression and another half-assed campaign.

lol I never played 4 went as far as 3 (still playing it) but never bothered to get 4 for some reason.

lol I never played 4 went as far as 3 (still playing it) but never bothered to get 4 for some reason.

Welp 3 is even better than 4 TBH :D Its been a bit of a downhill for the series since 3, nothing major but it feels like they took away more in BF1 than they added.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Iron couch said:

Welp 3 is even better than 4 TBH :D Its been a bit of a downhill for the series since 3, nothing major but it feels like they took away more in BF1 than they added.

I'll have to play it to really notice the difference but I mainly wanna playing because of the theme

I'll have to play it to really notice the difference but I mainly wanna playing because of the theme

Yeah the new theme really is the selling point and the top notch graphics on top of that make it even better but if youre looking for something new in terms of gameplay then you wont find much apart from the hero pickups which i dislike.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

What? Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games, but the story is poo (at least so far, haven't finished it yet, but I don see it getting better).

The only thing that keeps me on the edge of my seat is those damn tigers coming out of nowhere. Overall, it's a really fun game. Highly recommend. I'm not someone who plays games for story so the garbage story doesn't bother me. 

@Iron couch have you played dragon age Inquisition? I highly recommend if you haven't.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit