Games on external HDD?

Hi i tried installing paragon on a external harddrive to be able to play it on my laptop which doesn´t have space for it. But when i install it and then plug out the HDD and put it back in later it says the files are damaged. I´ve done this several times and i get the same results, why is that?

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Are they Steam games?

That wouldn't make a difference. I've actually had the same problems with my own external HDD. No matter what it just corrupts the files for no reason. 

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

That wouldn't make a difference. I've actually had the same problems with my own external HDD. No matter what it just corrupts the files for no reason. 

I'm pretty sure steam won't let you copy games onto another device because pirateing

My life

11 minutes ago, fpo said:

Yes it does because there's a solution for the games not working, you just map the folder to the games on the drive in Steam and let it verify.

7 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I'm pretty sure steam won't let you copy games onto another device because pirateing

Yeah no, you can make as many copies as you want, so long as you map your folders in Steam they work.

12 minutes ago, Himommies said:

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yes it does because there's a solution for the games not working, you just map the folder to the games on the drive in Steam and let it verify.

I was referring to the overall hard drive. I never put games on that HDD. Idk if what you're proposing is OP's solution, and I don't want to de-rail but I meant that all files, like music, folders, and videos were all on the HDD, and my computer just says the drive is corrupt and I have to reformat the HDD and lose everything. Even without putting new files, if I just plug it into another computer that new computer will say the drive is corrupt even though it was just formatted without writing anything to it. 

9 minutes ago, fpo said:

I was referring to the overall hard drive. I never put games on that HDD. Idk if what you're proposing is OP's solution, and I don't want to de-rail but I meant that all files, like music, folders, and videos were all on the HDD, and my computer just says the drive is corrupt and I have to reformat the HDD and lose everything. Even without putting new files, if I just plug it into another computer that new computer will say the drive is corrupt even though it was just formatted without writing anything to it. 

Does it ever say it's corrupt on your other PC? There may be something wrong with the HDD in general

My games are not from Steam, they´re from EPIC games. I installed their launcher and Everything on the drive and then the game from the launcher.

1 minute ago, Stevers108 said:

Does it ever say it's corrupt on your other PC? There may be something wrong with the HDD in general

I'm pretty sure it's that. I don't use it that often, mainly because of that. 
I am thankful for you interest in solving my problem but I don't want to steal OP's thread.