bf4 ram speed benchmarks?

lhikary

anyone knows whats up with that? corsair said it improves fps by around 15%
like did aynoe made a benchamrk beside corsair

At 1920x1200 with Ultra Settings, Corsair recorded minimum and average framerates using both DDR3-1600 and DDR3-2400 RAM. Here's how it broke down:

• DDR3-1600 (Minimum Framerates): 72
  • DDR3-2400 (Minimum Framerates): 79
  • DDR3-1600 (Average Framerates): 91.8
  • DDR3-2400 (Average Framerates): 112.6

Corsair then repeated the tests at 5760x1200. Let's have a look:

• DDR3-1600 (Minimum Framerates): 35
  • DDR3-2400 (Minimum Framerates): 43
  • DDR3-1600 (Average Framerates): 46.8
  • DDR3-2400 (Average Framerates): 53.9

BF41920.png

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Battlefield 3 had a fair bit of improvement with higher speed memory too.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Do we know what the cas latency on the ram tested is, as I would assume if the 2400 was CL11 and 1600 was CL9, that there wouldn't be a massive difference

Do we know what the cas latency on the ram tested is, as I would assume if the 2400 was CL11 and 1600 was CL9, that there wouldn't be a massive difference

explain more please

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

explain more please

As you increase the speed (mhz) of ram you increase the cas latency (Ex. cl9 on 1800mhz) In some situations these 2 things can have no effect. Because while you are increasing the response you are increasing the latency and they cancel each other out in some situations.

No idea if it is this way in games because ram speed hasn't ever made a difference in ddr3.

But still, you don't believe AMD for there benchmarks anymore than you would Nvidia. So why do we trust Corsair. Sure George said he seen it himself and can't believe it but he is a spokesman for the company and needs to promote it. He wouldn't say "It barley ever happened but in this one situation we took the lowest number from the lower ram and put it up against the highest number of the higher ram" 'Please buy our more expensive ram'

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

explain more please

I'm not a expert but someone described it as "Imagine RAM as a tunnel, the clock is the speed that things can go through the tunnel and the timing(CL) is how wide the tunnel is." or close enough, meaning that having really fast ram with really bad timing has similar performance as slow ram with great timings. Of course take this with a grain of salt as it probably differs in different situations/circumstances, but I want to know what the latency of the RAM in the test was to test this in BF4 

It would probably be an accurate assumption to say that they are using Corsair RAM. I could be wrong, though.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole