msi 1080 armor or Gaming x?

SmilesRising
11 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

get the cheapest as you can, the only difference is the cooling and a tiny performance improvement

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

I'd get the gaming x because it has a backplate and looks a bit nicer, where as the armor doesn't appear to have a backplate.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Depends on your preferences. 

The colortheme is a huge thing for many builders.

You could get the cheapest but the Armor has no Backplate. 

- If in doubt,        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

get the cheapest as you can, the only difference is the cooling and a tiny performance improvement

5 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

I'd get the gaming x because it has a backplate and looks a bit nicer, where as the armor doesn't appear to have a backplate.

4 minutes ago, Super1337victim said:

Depends on your preferences. 

The colortheme is a huge thing for many builders.

You could get the cheapest but the Armor has no Backplate. 

my build is black and red so.. going with MSI is no issue xD but the only difference between the 2 are backplate vs no backplate and a slight increase in preformance? if thats the case ill go for the armor one

Watches and computers                    

63USD over the Armour for the X is a bit too much in my opinion, maybe if it was 30-40 USD more. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

63USD over the Armour for the X is a bit too much in my opinion, maybe if it was 30-40 USD more. 

Theres no difference in build quality? if the X has better materials and stuff ill go with that one but if its basically the same then ill go with armour

Watches and computers                    

I have to add, that the red and black one has RGB led. 

And performancewise you can easly overclock the Armor to the level of the other. 

EDIT:  if performance per $  > bling bling fancy stuff    -> go with the armor 

- If in doubt,        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the armor, historicly, is MSI's "cheaper" cooler option, generally meaning that it doesnt have as much engineering behind it and lacks the obvious beauty options.

so, generally means no backplate, maybe not as quiet/doesnt cool as well, etc.

10 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

Theres no difference in build quality? if the X has better materials and stuff ill go with that one but if its basically the same then ill go with armour

The X is better, but personally I find 63 USD a bit too much for it over the Armour.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the armor, historicly, is MSI's "cheaper" cooler option, generally meaning that it doesnt have as much engineering behind it and lacks the obvious beauty options.

so, generally means no backplate, maybe not as quiet/doesnt cool as well, etc.

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

The X is better, but personally I find 63 USD a bit too much for it over the Armour.

if the X cools better and is better overall ill go for it.. although its more expensive.

Watches and computers                    

6 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

if the X cools better and is better overall ill go for it.. although its more expensive.

essentially, there's no "generally better" out the two, one is slightly better and slightly more expensive, the other one is slightly cheaper but not quite *as* good.

Okay guys thank you for all your help! ill go with the armour and save 60 bucks or what it is since the X isnt much better. 

Watches and computers                    

Get the Gaming X. 

It's an heavy card, and it really needs a backplate for extra stability. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud