CPU Fan Error On Boot AFTER Installing New CPU Cooler

Crosseyed Sniper

I just installed my new Cryorig H7 CPU cooler, and when I boot up my PC, I get the "CPU fan error, Press F1 to Fix" message. Yes, I have the cooler installed into the proper mobo header. Any ideas? My temps look awesome, by the way.

Also, I may have to run soon, so if I do not respond back anytime soon, you'll know why.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

I just installed my new Cryorig H7 CPU cooler, and when I boot up my PC, I get the "CPU fan error, Press F1 to Fix" message. Yes, I have the cooler installed into the proper mobo header. Any ideas? My temps look awesome, by the way.

Also, I may have to run soon, so if I do not respond back anytime soon, you'll know why.

Thanks!

I just wanted to say GO DAWGS!

What header do you have the fan plugged into and what motherboard do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I assume fan is spinning. You can disable that warning in BIOS. My assumption is that fan starts at lower speed than what mobo is set to notice.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

That^. Gotta set the bios to ignore or lower the minimum rpm if applicable. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What header do you have the fan plugged into and what motherboard do you have?

I have it plugged into the correct CPU fan header.

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I assume fan is spinning. You can disable that warning in BIOS. My assumption is that fan starts at lower speed than what mobo is set to notice.

I set the fan warning lower to 300 RPM and I do not get the error message any more when booting up.

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

That^. Gotta set the bios to ignore or lower the minimum rpm if applicable. 

Yes, that was it. And thank you for your service, sir. Much respect!

Now y'all have a look at my temp. The Intel stock cooler was idling and fluctuating between 23 C - 35 C. Now, I am frequently getting idle temps of 19 C - 20 C. I am using a non-K CPU (i7-4771).

JcU8afl.jpg

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

I have it plugged into the correct CPU fan header.

I set the fan warning lower to 300 RPM and I do not get the error message any more when booting up.

Yes, that was it. And thank you for your service, sir. Much respect!

Now y'all have a look at my temp. The Intel stock cooler was idling and fluctuating between 23 C - 35 C. Now, I am frequently getting idle temps of 19 C - 20 C. I am using a non-K CPU (i7-4771).

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

How can you be in the room which is under 15C?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

How can you be in the room which is under 15C?

It's cool in here. No heat on, and it's very comfortable in here and outside. I am sure the temps will rise once it warms up a little.

Very nice looking cooler, by the way. Build quality feels nice. Installation only took about 15 minutes or so. It was a little cumbersome, but I managed. I do not particularly like the installation method. If you aren't careful, you could over-tighten the screws. So if anyone gets this cooler, carefully tighten it.