cleaning keyboard

MANIDY inc

so i spilt OJ allover my keyboard and i was not in the mood so i said fuck it ill let it dry and clean it later.

and now it feels weird to type.

can i just pour water over my keyboard to clean it, like the OJ spilt all over it and its fine so i dont think it will get inside it, 

i mean the only way water can get inside it is if it gets under the keycap and with the caps on i dont think it can

Everyone should own a vive.

I'm fairly certain that's a bad idea? Why don't you just pull the keycaps and wipe those off, or soak them?

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

1 hour ago, YedZed said:

I'm fairly certain that's a bad idea? Why don't you just pull the keycaps and wipe those off, or soak them?

becase its the board thats all sticky, id have to take a qtip to it and waste like 2 hours cleaning it,

i dont see any points on the board water could leak into and wreck the internals i mean the oj didnt and id do it more controlled with water, at this point i rather buy a new keyboard or pay someone to clean it becase im lazy AF 

1 minute ago, MANIDY inc said:

becase its the board thats all sticky, id have to take a qtip to it and waste like 2 hours cleaning it,

i dont see any points on the board water could leak into and wreck the internals i mean the oj didnt and id do it more controlled with water, at this point i rather buy a new keyboard or pay someone to clean it becase im lazy AF 

Well I'd say you were very lucky with the OJ, but hey, its your money. 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

1 hour ago, YedZed said:

Well I'd say you were very lucky with the OJ, but hey, its your money. 

any faster way to clean it then, just sucks having to pull over 100 keys out then put them back

if it's spill-resistant, you're fine, just a hot rinse later will do. If not, you will need to rinse it in DISTILLED, not spring, not filtered, water until the majority of residue is gone, then leave it to dry in the refrigerator overnight.

if you don't know 'why the refrigerator', I don't have time to explain HVAC or primary laws or thermodynamics, just accept that your fridge is essentially a giant evaporater and cold drying is less likely to damage electronics than heated drying.

Also, you may also want to hit the pcb and/or the membrane contacts with spray contact cleaner. Good luck ?☺ and Merry Christmas!

deadpool-you-have-failed-me-brain.jpg

1 hour ago, ENIAC1946 said:

if it's spill-resistant, you're fine, just a hot rinse later will do. If not, you will need to rinse it in DISTILLED, not spring, not filtered, water until the majority of residue is gone, then leave it to dry in the refrigerator overnight.

if you don't know 'why the refrigerator', I don't have time to explain HVAC or primary laws or thermodynamics, just accept that your fridge is essentially a giant evaporater and cold drying is less likely to damage electronics than heated drying.

Also, you may also want to hit the pcb and/or the membrane contacts with spray contact cleaner. Good luck ?☺ and Merry Christmas!

deadpool-you-have-failed-me-brain.jpg

wont having the keyboard warm back up even at room temp cause condensation inside? 

4 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

wont having the keyboard warm back up even at room temp cause condensation inside? 

It's not worse than leaving sugar water to dry overnight. (there's no juice in OJ unless you squeezed it from oranges yourself; see"Adam ruins everything: Orange juice")

It's not worse than leaving sugar water to dry overnight. (there's no juice in OJ unless you squeezed it from oranges yourself; see"Adam ruins everything: Orange juice")

2% fruit juice boiiiii lol

but yeah i dont doubt its all synthetic shit and sugar 

5 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

2% fruit juice boiiiii lol

but yeah i dont doubt its all synthetic shit and sugar 

it is, even the orange flavor is added. You should read up on what they're allowed to call"juice". I'm no health nut, I just don't like buying fake shizz, unless I know it's fake, then It's my choice.

I have cleaned MANY keyboards using this method. Haven't lost one yet.

Also, since you said you are so lazy, if you have a significant other, or you know someone that's into you, or you're reasonably attractive, you can simply manipulate them into doing the grunt work FOR you.

I don't judge.

it is, even the orange flavor is added. You should read up on what they're allowed to call"juice". I'm no health nut, I just don't like buying fake shizz, unless I know it's fake, then It's my choice.

I have cleaned MANY keyboards using this method. Haven't lost one yet.

Also, since you said you are so lazy, if you have a significant other, or you know someone that's into you, or you're reasonably attractive, you can simply manipulate them into doing the grunt work FOR you.

I don't judge.

yeah I eat a lot of shit, ill be surprised if i live past 50 lol

and idk how my gf will feel about doing that xD maybe ill just pay someone to do it 

4 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

yeah I eat a lot of shit, ill be surprised if i live past 50 lol

and idk how my gf will feel about doing that xD maybe ill just pay someone to do it 

Be honest.......... It may be dried and sticky, but it's not orange juice, is it???

We've all been there. I use a box of old IBM mechanical keyboards from Goodwill. When one gets sufficiently "coated", I just toss it and grab another one.

Gotta love that backwards compatibility. ?

Be honest.......... It may be dried and sticky, but it's not orange juice, is it???

We've all been there. I use a box of old IBM mechanical keyboards from Goodwill. When one gets sufficiently "coated", I just toss it and grab another one.

Gotta love that backwards compatibility. ?

my keyboard was only $100, thats cheap to me, but yeah buying a new one is a waste xD

16 minutes ago, MANIDY inc said:

my keyboard was only $100, thats cheap to me, but yeah buying a new one is a waste xD

Well a box of 15 old beige IBM 104 key mechanicals w/ ps/2 connecters was only $20.

You got hustled, chump. Lol ? j/k I bet it's a very sexy keyboard.

but ppl forget how over built those old IBM keyboards are, things are like freaking tanks. I only has to throw out 2, one because my chair rolled over the cord and ripped it, and one because it was stuck by lightning ⚡.

Yeah, I would never spend $100 for a kb. Not unless it comes with some type of carnal act included. ????