Memory card corrupted?

MajorFoley

So my Samsung S3 is giving me a weird issue with the SD card in it. All the folders and files had their names changed to.... symbols or something i think? Looks like chinese or something and im worried it may have been corrupted. Is there anyway to recover anything off of it?

you could try and scan it with an antivirus on your PC, just be careful not all antiviruses are good. i tried it found a couple sd cards broken 

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

I had the same problem a couple years ago, I was using windows phone. I took out the SD card and kept it in a place with ideally no magnetic interference (Like TV, Moniter, Speakers, etc) I kept mine in a wooden shelf in the attic. after a couple of days I reinserted the card and it worked fine. Although if you try this be carefull not to put it in a place where it can contact a static charge. I would also suggest that you initially use an antivirus software to search for any malwares.

13 hours ago, Oswin said:

you could try and scan it with an antivirus on your PC, just be careful not all antiviruses are good. i tried it found a couple sd cards broken 

12 hours ago, Manas_4a said:

I had the same problem a couple years ago, I was using windows phone. I took out the SD card and kept it in a place with ideally no magnetic interference (Like TV, Moniter, Speakers, etc) I kept mine in a wooden shelf in the attic. after a couple of days I reinserted the card and it worked fine. Although if you try this be carefull not to put it in a place where it can contact a static charge. I would also suggest that you initially use an antivirus software to search for any malwares.

Thanks for the replies guys. Wouldnt scanning the card for malware practically erase everything there? I mean if they are all looking like jumbled letters and numebrs and other weird characters wouldn't it detect them as malware themselves?

11 hours ago, MajorFoley said:

Thanks for the replies guys. Wouldnt scanning the card for malware practically erase everything there? I mean if they are all looking like jumbled letters and numebrs and other weird characters wouldn't it detect them as malware themselves?

antiviruses would remove only the malware and viruses, i dont know if they would delete all the data. i tried scanning the card and the files are still there only the corrupted ones are deleted.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

• 1 month later...

Sorry i haven't replied in a while i've been out of home for a few weeks.

Ok so it seems the files are gone from the sd card... Theres only 2 folders there now. Lost.dir which has 4 numbered files in there. 36 37 35 and 1248... and the other is android with 2 folders called data and obb... is it too late to recover anything?