PCI Express 16x Riser Card

Hello LTT forum. I seem to have an issue with my build. I built my pc a few months back but now realized I have an issue. I am using the EVGA Z170 Classified K mobo with the Cooler Master V8 GTS - High Performance CPU Cooler with Horizontal Vapor Chamber and 8 Heatpipes. I did not realize that my PCI Express x16 may not be able to support a 1060 that I am putting in it (space between the CPU cooler and the PCI Express slot).

When I ordered the mobo from newegg they stated I hade 4 x PCI Express x16 instead of stating there is only 1 x16, 1 x8/x4, 1 x4 and 1 x1.

So I was wondering if anyone would recommend me using a PCI Express 16x Riser Card or something else. If you could also post a link to what you would prefer for this I would appreciate it. I don't want to remove my CPU cooler as I get 18 degrease Celsius idle and around 35 degrease Celsius when I put on heavy loads like gaming or video editing.

I know I would be able to use the X8 slot but I would prefer to use the x16 instead.

DSC01051.JPG

DSC01052.JPG

The More You Know.jpg

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just put it in a lower slot. X8 won't affect performance at all. 

that is what I was planning but then when I was looking at videos and threads on the net people said that I will get a downfall in performance.  

Just now, yoshemahino said:

that is what I was planning but then when I was looking at videos and threads on the net people said that I will get a downfall in performance.  

No you won't. Tech power up test a 1080and showed no difference in performance 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

No you won't. Tech power up test a 1080and showed no difference in performance 

alright thanks . I feel much better that my original. plan was going to work out.