Ultrawide or 4k - X34 vs XB32 vs PG27AQ - Dual monitors or Speakers

Hi peeps, I would really like your opinions on which monitor to get:

TLDR: 3440X1440 (with speakers) VS 32inch 4K (with speakers) vs 27inch 4k (with secondary 4k monitor)

I run 980tis in SLI. I already have a Dell 2715Q which I love and a 27" 1440p monitor. So I'm happy with the 27" form factor but wouldn't mind a larger screen to watch films off of as I don't have a TV in my room. 

Dual monitor vs speakers I don't like the idea of having two monitors of different sizes so the Dell will have to go along with the catleap if I decide to get either the X34 or XB32 but I'll use the money to buy some nice bookshelf speakers (~$1000)

In terms of initial price it goes, X34 > PG27AQ > XB32 here in Australia. However the Asus is actually cheaper once you factor in discounts and rebates.

I would really like your opinions! I have consumed so many reviews and I almost bought the X32 today but got cold feet. I usually use dual monitors but as of late I've actually gone back to a single monitor instead. I like the idea of two monitors but I don't have the desk real estate for some premium speakers and two large monitors so It's one or the other. I have a nice pair of headphones so I'll only miss out in the sound department when watching films and maybe I don't get that awesome immersive experience of being able to game with sound just coming at you.

@Ahimoth I'd personally go for the ROG Swift PG27AQ since built-in speakers is always nice and will give you that immersive experience headphones can't match. Also, as you said, it'll be the cheapest. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

1 minute ago, Freezanator said:

@Ahimoth I'd personally go for the ROG Swift PG27AQ since built-in speakers is always nice and will give you that immersive experience headphones can't match. Also, as you said, it'll be the cheapest. :) 

I probably wouldn't use the inbuilt speakers tbh but I would have enough room for some small form factor speakers or a center channel but that has it's own problems. Thanks for your input :) that's +1 for the Asus PH27AQ

The only other negative I could see is if I decided to only go to one monitor but buy bookshelf speakers I've just spent a lot of money and only get GSync. With the other monitors I get a larger form factor, Gsync and refreshrate with the X34 (but lose 4k)

Hi, I just recently upgraded from 1440p to 4K and I also bought the GTX1080 and I mean if you have the hardware to run 4K go for it, if you don't then I would suggest maybe one of the less expensive 3440x1440 models. But hey in the end it still will be what you think is best because it is you yourself that will pay for it. :)

For example I went with the ASUS MG28UQ and yes it doesn't really fit that I've got a GTX1080 but a monitor that supports FreeSync but if I had taken for example that X34 it would have cost me the same amount as the ASUS MG28UQ + GTX1080 so for my point of view I would have everyday gone with 4K.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

53 minutes ago, ZothOmmog said:

Hi, I just recently upgraded from 1440p to 4K and I also bought the GTX1080 and I mean if you have the hardware to run 4K go for it, if you don't then I would suggest maybe one of the less expensive 3440x1440 models. But hey in the end it still will be what you think is best because it is you yourself that will pay for it. :)

For example I went with the ASUS MG28UQ and yes it doesn't really fit that I've got a GTX1080 but a monitor that supports FreeSync but if I had taken for example that X34 it would have cost me the same amount as the ASUS MG28UQ + GTX1080 so for my point of view I would have everyday gone with 4K.

I was very similar I went to 1440p (Korean catleap monitor) to a more premium (at least at the time) Dell 2715Q 4k monitor. So right now I'm sort of trapped between upgrading my main monitor getting GSync (PG21AQ + secondary 4k monitor) or switching to a single larger 4k (XB321hk) monitor or a Ultrawide (X34). I'm sticking with my 980tis for now at least until the next GPU's are launched. 

7 minutes ago, Ahimoth said:

I was very similar I went to 1440p (Korean catleap monitor) to a more premium (at least at the time) Dell 2715Q 4k monitor. So right now I'm sort of trapped between upgrading my main monitor getting GSync (PG21AQ + secondary 4k monitor) or switching to a single larger 4k (XB321hk) monitor or a Ultrawide (X34). I'm sticking with my 980tis for now at least until the next GPU's are launched. 

2 980 Tis can easily power 4K. But the thing is, what will you be mainly doing? If you're:

1. creating content of any sort, the extra size on the X34's ultrawide screen will definitely benefit you albeit being just 1440p.

2. mainly gaming, then the XB321HK's 4K resolution will definitely sharpen everything on the screen as higher resolution is always the better solution compared to anti-aliasing on a lower resolution but this is fully personal preference.
3. multitasking while gaming, the dual screen setup will come in handy as you'll be able to do so with 2 screens with a border in the middle to differentiate the work spaces. 
Hope with this you'll be able to make a decision. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 

1 hour ago, Freezanator said:

2 980 Tis can easily power 4K. But the thing is, what will you be mainly doing? If you're:

1. creating content of any sort, the extra size on the X34's ultrawide screen will definitely benefit you albeit being just 1440p.

2. mainly gaming, then the XB321HK's 4K resolution will definitely sharpen everything on the screen as higher resolution is always the better solution compared to anti-aliasing on a lower resolution but this is fully personal preference.
3. multitasking while gaming, the dual screen setup will come in handy as you'll be able to do so with 2 screens with a border in the middle to differentiate the work spaces. 
Hope with this you'll be able to make a decision. :) 

Made it worse lol...

1. I'm a gamer and content consumer first. 
  2. I program a bit.
  3. I don't produce content

EDIT: I bought the X34 =_=

44 minutes ago, Ahimoth said:

Made it worse lol...

1. I'm a gamer and content consumer first. 
  2. I program a bit.
  3. I don't produce content

EDIT: I bought the X34 =_=

Good choice mate! Hope you like it. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300