BenQ Zowie RL2455HM vs Zowie RL2455

AlphaGamer46
Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,
3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

2455HM has only VGA.  2455 has VGA/HDMIx2 and DVI.

Nope. BenQ has a typo on their site. Proof at 5:40 here.

OP, BenQ is re-branding a lot of their old models for Zowie and changing very little other than the name and the price. I'm unable to spot any differences between the two. It really looks like this is about calibration only if that. I can tell you RL2455HM has been around since 2013 so try and think of the re-branded one as a 3-year-old model too. Now, they may well be quality monitors both and worth the price but I still think this is a dick move from BenQ. I can't really trust them these days. 

Hi.

I'm looking at getting some new monitors, but I've been looking at two different retailers. One has the RL2455HM for $10 extra, and the other has the RL2455 for $10 less than the RL2455HM.

Is there any difference?

-Alpha.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Nope. BenQ has a typo on their site. Proof at 5:40 here.

OP, BenQ is re-branding a lot of their old models for Zowie and changing very little other than the name and the price. I'm unable to spot any differences between the two. It really looks like this is about calibration only if that. I can tell you RL2455HM has been around since 2013 so try and think of the re-branded one as a 3-year-old model too. Now, they may well be quality monitors both and worth the price but I still think this is a dick move from BenQ. I can't really trust them these days. 

I currently own an RL2455HM, and love it, great response time, does what it says on the tin, and good for the price. Would recommend, only downside is the bezel is rather thick, and it is only 60Hz.

PC Specs

i7 6700

Asus H110-PLUS

ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC

EVGA G2 550W PSU

3TB HD & 255GB SSD

CiT Galaxy Evolution

Upgrades

EVGA G2 550W PSU

Asus Strix GTX 1070

NZXT S340 ELITE BLACK