My First Gaming/Editing Build

Hey guys I am doing my first build ever. I have seen others build computers many times, and sell computers daily so i know a fair bit about them. I have gone to pcpartpicker and created a list which ill also write below. Please give me your thoughts/tips. Please note that I already bought the processor a little while back for a lot cheaper than retail and so it might be a bit overpowered/expensive but the build is based on that processor and I definitely did not spend anywhere close to its actual price. My budget is about $1500 CAD (+ tax lol). This rig will be used mostly for gaming, programming, and CAD tools. I want to be able to game in QHD at least. Oh and in case you didn't catch it, I'm in Canada :) 

Parts:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6850K Bought Already (Not included in budget)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 Liquid CPU Cooler $125

Motherboard: Asus X99-A II ATX LGA2011-3 $310

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $120

Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD (OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE) $280

Video Card: Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme Edition $560

Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case $150

Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $136

Fans: Corsair SP120 x6 

Mouse and Keyboard: Please recommend the best mechanical keyboard and a mouse thats cheap and great! (Total less than $150)

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q2W3NN

Questions:

1. How can I reduce the price of this build? Not including processor I want it to be about $1500 CAD. Currently its about $2000 CAD. Any parts that preform similar but cost less?
  2. Is my motherboard good? This is the cheapest well-rounded LGA2011-3 mobo that I could find.
  3. Anyone know if the Samsung 950 Pro SSD has been discontinued? Its out of stock in Canada wherever I can see it. 
  4. Which iteration of the GTX 1070 is the best under $600CAD? So far, Ive found that the Zotac AMp! Extreme has the highest boost clock and VRAM speed. Anyone have this in their build?
  5. Is my PSU going to be perfect, overkill, or under-powered for this build? Is there a better cheaper one?
  6. Anyone have any good recommendations for nice LED case fans? Preferably something on the quieter side but not necessary. 
  7. I do not have ethernet in my room and recently realized that MOBOs dont come with a wifi card built in. Should I invest in Powerline (House is about 8 yrs old) or a network card for wifi (I have good speeds)?
  8. Please recommend the best mechanical keyboard and a mouse that's cheap and great! (Total less than $150)

4 minutes ago, Hanzala said:

Anyone know if the Samsung 950 Pro SSD has been discontinued? Its out of stock in Canada wherever I can see it. 

It only paper launched, should be available at some point but I don't know. Instead pick up a OCZ RD400 which is still NVMe for cheaper. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/VrDzK8/ocz-internal-hard-drive-rvd400m22280256g

5 minutes ago, Hanzala said:

Which iteration of the GTX 1070 is the best under $600CAD? So far, Ive found that the Zotac AMp! Extreme has the highest boost clock and VRAM speed. Anyone have this in their build?

Every GTX 1070 hits around the same clocks, so paying more for a factory overclock is useless. Grab this https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/Tv38TW/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-sc-gaming-acx-30-video-card-08g-p4-6173-kr

6 minutes ago, Hanzala said:

Anyone have any good recommendations for nice LED case fans? Preferably something on the quieter side but not necessary

Antec TrueQuiet 120s and 140s are silent, LED, and cheap. If you want performance despite noise, get CM Jetflos. Those are my two recommendations.

10 minutes ago, Hanzala said:

Mouse and Keyboard: Please recommend the best mechanical keyboard and a mouse thats cheap and great! (Total less than $150)

I would buy these two

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/VfYXsY/logitech-mouse-910004074

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/GBCwrH/logitech-keyboard-920003887

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

like dis. 

1525.50 with 13% tax. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6850K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($269.99 @ Memory Express) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($119.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($529.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Total: $1349.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-12 10:55 EST-0500

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1. Get the 650W version of the G2.

2. It's a great mobo.

3. Get the 960 PRO.

4. The one you picked is a solid choice.

5. Read 1.

6. Corsair SP140's. I would also get two 120 mm fans to replace the stock H100i v2 fans as they can be very loud. If you want something very quite get Noctua fans but I don't think they make LED fans.

7. Powerline is by far the best option.

8. What switch type do you prefer? https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/cv2Pzy

Get 4x4 RAM sticks instead of 2x8 for double the memory bandwidth. 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

750w is not needed. 550w will be fine.

I'd choose 650w, the build he picked is just below 500w. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

1. Get the 650W version of the G2.

2. It's a great mobo.

3. Get the 960 PRO.

4. The one you picked is a solid choice.

5. Read 1.

6. Corsair SP140's. I would also get two 120 mm fans to replace the stock H100i v2 fans as they can be very loud. If you want something very quite get Noctua fans but I don't think they make LED fans.

7. Powerline is by far the best option.

8. What switch type do you prefer? https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/cv2Pzy

Get 4x4 RAM sticks instead of 2x8 for double the memory bandwidth. 

upgradeabilty gets locked more than #ram

5 minutes ago, Hanzala said:

-snip-

1. You can save some money on the following parts:

- SSD - a 850 Evo will do just fine. I recently upgraded from a 850 Evo to a 960 Evo, and honestly, there is no real difference in day-to-day use. I only notice it when loading games like GTA or Bf3

- RAM - Slower RAM (e.g. 2666 MHz), and maybe less fancy

- Fans - I doubt you need 6 fans. You have no components, that run very hot. On top of that, your case and CPU cooler will come with fans anyway

- CPU cooler - You can go for a cheaper air-cooler and get similar performance (Noctua, Dark Rock 3, etc.)

- PSU - 550W - 600W are plenty for this build

- GPU - A cheaper version of the 1070 will do just fine

2. It will get the job done fine. It has not as nice features, like more expensive boards, but those things are not neccesary, at least in my oppinion

3. I don't know if it has been discontinued, but Samsung recently released the 960 Pro and Evo, both are M.2 PCIe

4. There is not that much difference between all of those cards. The difference in factory clock can be cleared within 2 minutes of overclocking. Just get the one that fits your budget.

5. It is a little overkill, 550W is enough for your build. I would go with a EVGA Supernova, those are great.

6. Pretty much every fan from reputable brands (Corsair, NZXT, etc.) will do fine

7. I would go for WiFi, but if there is any way to get ethernet to your PC, do it (not powerline)

8. Logitech G710+ and G402/502, for example

Please quote me in any answers to my posts, so that I can read them easily and don´t forget about them. Thanks!

I love spending my time with PC tinkering, networking and server-stuff.

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

?

*then sry.... if you have 2 x 8 in there you can easily upgrade to 4 x 8

Just now, DaBeggad said:

*then sry.... if you have 2 x 8 in there you can easily upgrade to 4 x 8

I doubt he will need more than 32 GB's of RAM which he can upgrade to with 4x4. Don't go dual channel with X99 (Pls don't look at my profile :))

17 minutes ago, DaBeggad said:

16gb is enough and its x99 so he can upgrade easily

I know right he can upgrade later but he will do heavy editing/rendering (whatever) which will max out 16GB RAM