Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 RAM in a Dell OptiPlex 780 MT?

Alright, so another question. I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 Minitower (the same one in my ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti thread from earlier) that I'm curious to know.

I plan on getting this for it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K0F0L5E/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Will Corsair XMS3 work? I've heard that the Dell OptiPlex 780 MT can accept up to 16GB of RAM in either DDR3-1066 or DDR3-1333. Can anyone confirm this specific RAM to work in a 780 Minitower?

And before anyone asks, I have the BIOS updated to A14, which I heard an earlier revision of the BIOS supports DDR3-1333.

Thats really expensive for just 8GB of slow DDR3... you can search higher clocked ram... it will just downclock to 1333. I'd just look on newegg and see what DDR3 two stick combo (I'm guessing it only has 2 dimm slots)  is the best deal. I'd select every 2 stick combo they have in their search bar for 1333-1866 ram and see what is the best deal.

25 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

Thats really expensive for just 8GB of slow DDR3... you can search higher clocked ram... it will just downclock to 1333. I'd just look on newegg and see what DDR3 two stick combo (I'm guessing it only has 2 dimm slots)  is the best deal. I'd select every 2 stick combo they have in their search bar for 1333-1866 ram and see what is the best deal.

I don't mind it. DDR3 is an OK RAM speed anyways, this computer runs 4GB of DDR3-1066 just fine. 1333 would be a huge boost for me and I'd love to have 16GB for only $65-$70. I just wanna know if it'll RUN in my system is all.

58 minutes ago, Pyro Badger said:

I don't mind it. DDR3 is an OK RAM speed anyways, this computer runs 4GB of DDR3-1066 just fine. 1333 would be a huge boost for me and I'd love to have 16GB for only $65-$70. I just wanna know if it'll RUN in my system is all.

Yeah even the higher clocked ones should have no problem booting, it should just downclock to 1333 if your motherboard doesn't support faster RAM. Take a look in your BIOS and see what options you actually have to adjust for your ram, can  you change FSB or the divider, timings, voltage, etc. If so you might be able to run even faster. But yeah either way you should have no problem even running 1866 sticks at 1333, if you adjust settings in BIOS then you could run with very tight timings as well. Just shop around and find a cheap deal, should be able to get some 16GB kits for cheap.