K70 RGB vs Ducky Shine 5

Go to solution Solved by Kobathor,
Just now, InsaneMasterDJ said:

Thanks for the advice. How easy is it to setup a static colour on the Ducky? The one I'm planning on buying is: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducky-Shine-5-RGB-White-Keycaps-Blue-Cherry-MX-Switch-/252635979685

Really easy. The manual spells it out in plain English, and the keyboard remembers your setting.

Hello All,

I have the money to buy a mechanical keyboard, and I know that i want a keyboard with mx blues, and rgb. 

The two keyboards I have narrowed it down to are the K70 RGB LUX MX Blue, with the replacement keycaps, and the Ducky Shine 5 White edition with MX Blues. 

Which one is the better keyboard?

And I have a black, red a white setup (White M65 with red LED)

Thanks,

Josh

I own a Shine 5, and it's my favorite keyboard. Weighty, nice keycaps, metal backplate, and the lighting is great. No software to speak of (unless they released some,) so all the RGB is controlled from the keyboard.

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, Kobathor said:

I own a Shine 5, and it's my favorite keyboard. Weighty, nice keycaps, metal backplate, and the lighting is great. No software to speak of (unless they released some,) so all the RGB is controlled from the keyboard.

Yeah, RGB control I wasn't too worried about as I just plan on having the keyboard full red, to match my m65.

Yeah, RGB control I wasn't too worried about as I just plan on having the keyboard full red, to match my m65.

If you wanna save some money, the K70 comes in Red lighting with no other colors. unless you need a specific red.

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

If you wanna save some money, the K70 comes in Red lighting with no other colors. unless you need a specific red.

Have considered that but is that the same red as the default red in the Corsair utility software, because I'd ideally like to be able to match it. And is it worth getting the K70 in general with metal keycaps?

Have considered that but is that the same red as the default red in the Corsair utility software, because I'd ideally like to be able to match it. And is it worth getting the K70 in general with metal keycaps?

I've never tried metal key caps. Also not sure about the Red being the default Red in Corsair's software.

I've never tried metal key caps. Also not sure about the Red being the default Red in Corsair's software.

Thanks for the advice. How easy is it to setup a static colour on the Ducky? The one I'm planning on buying is: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducky-Shine-5-RGB-White-Keycaps-Blue-Cherry-MX-Switch-/252635979685

Really easy. The manual spells it out in plain English, and the keyboard remembers your setting.

Just now, Kobathor said:

Thanks for the advice man. Think I'm gonna go for the ducky.

Good choice! Also, that one on eBay is pretty cheap for the UK. Here in the US they run $150.

Good choice! Also, that one on eBay is pretty cheap for the UK. Here in the US they run $150.

That's the cheapest I've managed to find it with the white keycaps already on. IT would run me about £160 to buy a black one and put white keycaps on.

3 minutes ago, InsaneMasterDJ said:

you cant go wrong with either of them, but i would go with the ducky as well 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/