PC Won't Boot to Any Drives?

theguynamedwill

Hello, 

I recently installed a new 850 EVO into my system. Once I booted again and went to disk magangment, I formated the 850 SSD as a new simple volume. I then restarted my system because I noticed that another SSD of mine in the system wasn't showing up in the file explorer, an SSD that I've had forever. 

So, I rebooted, changed the boot priority in an attempt to fix the missing SSD problem, and now my PC will only boot to BIOS, no desktop at all. Whenever I try to boot to my main HDD which has Win. 10 on it, it just displays "preparing to repair drives" and just circles endlessly. To combat this issue with my limited knowledge of drive maintenance, I simply reset all my BIOS settings - no cigar. All I can do is just load the BIOS at this point.

What do?

Thank You, 

-Will.

Thanks for reading! 

You can try finding the boot list option for your motherboard. You should then be able to select which drive you want to boot from. This is a temporary solution to see if your drives will even boot. If your drives don't want to boot at all, then I suspect that something got messed up with them internally.

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply. 

Have you tried removing all drives except you OS drive. And making sure that it is #1 boot device in your boot priority with like USB and CD drive as the only other options. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset 

Also, the reason you could not see the drive was likely due to the drive naming convention. So two drives shared the same drive letter. So all you would do in that situation is change the drive letter of the showing drive and the drive should appear again. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x cooled by Pure Rock Slim // RAM: Gskill Flare X 3200mhz CL14 2x16 32GB// GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 6650 XT 8GB// Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro 4 // PSU: Seasonic G550 Gold 80+ // Storage: 4TB pcie nvme game drive, 512 GB m.2 sata3 OS Drive, 4 TB WD Red HDD // Monitor: Samsung S22D300 21.5" 1080p 60Hz, MSI 27" 1080p 144hz Freesync 1ms display // Peripherals:  Logitech fancy shmancy keyboard and moise with rgb and gaminess stuff, very fancy | Kingston HyperX Cloud Core headset