Mic and Headphones

SmilesRising

i´ve had my headphones for a while now and it isnt great so i want to upgrade it. i was thinking about going for a seperate microphone, can you guys recommend any headphones and mics? i havea budget around 200-250 dollars

EDIT: to be clear, i want to upgrade both my headphones and my mic

Watches and computers                    

At that price you'd want to get an audio interface and an XLR mic. I have no real suggestions for either, but I figured I'd at least give you the right direction to be looking in if you're not already.

Don't tread on me. I squish, and white liquid comes out. It's icky, trust me.

7 minutes ago, Moist_Sock said:

At that price you'd want to get an audio interface and an XLR mic. I have no real suggestions for either, but I figured I'd at least give you the right direction to be looking in if you're not already.

yeah i was thinking it would be something like that i dont really know but hopefully someone experienced will find this post :)

Watches and computers                    

6 minutes ago, Moist_Sock said:

Why would he need to get an XLR interface? Wouldn't a USB microphone do? 

Just now, kol said:

USB mics are rarely designed for professional use, and the ADC's in them are often just straight up not as good as a proper interface. Along with that, you also get gain control and multiple other functions on the fly with a proper interface.

USB mics are great for ~$50-$120, but after that you're getting very little extra for your money until you jump to a proper interface and studio microphone.

Second hand interfaces are dirt cheap, and good XLR microphones are very easy to find now.

Hell, I've seen a guy with a Behringer UCA222, a DIY phantom power supply, and some chinese microphone that sounded better than any of the higher priced USB microphones. His whole setup would have only been about $80 USD.

Don't tread on me. I squish, and white liquid comes out. It's icky, trust me.

4 hours ago, Moist_Sock said:

USB mics are rarely designed for professional use, and the ADC's in them are often just straight up not as good as a proper interface. Along with that, you also get gain control and multiple other functions on the fly with a proper interface.

USB mics are great for ~$50-$120, but after that you're getting very little extra for your money until you jump to a proper interface and studio microphone.

Second hand interfaces are dirt cheap, and good XLR microphones are very easy to find now.

Hell, I've seen a guy with a Behringer UCA222, a DIY phantom power supply, and some chinese microphone that sounded better than any of the higher priced USB microphones. His whole setup would have only been about $80 USD.

First off, OP is not a professional, and I doubt that they know much about all the options that an interface provides. Additionally, I would be willing to bet that they don't have any need for any of those features. Also, from what I read, OP wants to upgrade both their headphones, and their mic, so I don't think spending $200 on a mic setup is anywhere even close to being advisable. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

5 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

First off, OP is not a professional, and I doubt that they know much about all the options that an interface provides. Additionally, I would be willing to bet that they don't have any need for any of those features. Also, from what I read, OP wants to upgrade both their headphones, and their mic, so I don't think spending $200 on a mic setup is anywhere even close to being advisable. 

9 hours ago, Moist_Sock said:

9 hours ago, kol said:

i want to upgrade both.

Watches and computers