Advise for new monitor

Milenkata

Hello guys, what advise would you give it to me for new monitor. Now im using Philips 190c and next year coming 10 years of using it. I want something better for my eyes. I look for something like Dell U2515H but many people told me that If i buy it i will need to scale everyting because its "2k" .. Im using for now the vga in I5 6500 and will buy someday 1060 or 1070. I study on the computer, , watch movies, play games from time to time. The price need to be something between 300 us dollars and 350 $.

This are is the most forgotten of this forum, however I'll try my best ;) 

First - 2K doesn't need scaling, 4k does (not for long)

Second- Are you doing gaming only or other things that need intensified colours?

7 minutes ago, PCMR Ricos said:

This are is the most forgotten of this forum, however I'll try my best ;) 

First - 2K doesn't need scaling, 4k does (not for long)

Second- Are you doing gaming only or other things that need intensified colours?

It will need to be ran at a lower res, op is using onboard VGA

That monitor is a very nice monitor, one I considered for a while prior to making the Gsync jump. For day to day use, the resolution will be fine. However if you plan to game, you will need to run games at the same res as you do now until you get a dedicated GPU. Also, don't bother with 1060, grab an AMD 480 or Nv 1070

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

By scaling do you mean that watching 1080p content will look wierd on 1440p? That's because 1440p scales from 720p not 1080p. For example, for every 1 pixel on a 1080p monitor, you get 4 pixels on a 4k monitor. There is no such easy scaling from 1080p to 1440p. So you will get a rather blurry image when watching or playing 1080p content on 1440p. But if you going to be playing games at 1440p then you won't deal with that problem.