Solved: Pc Upgrade Help

Hi I'm going to upgrade my pc and I need some help choosing parts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I am currently running

GPU: r9 285 overclock 2gb

CPU: AMD FX-4130 4 Core Processor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I want to upgrade what should I upgrade first?

If I do upgrade this would be the new spec.

Either

GPU: Sapphire AMD RX470 Nitro+ 8 GB GDDR5    

Or

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition "Vishera" CPU (8 Core, AM3+, Clock 4.0 GHz, Turbo 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 Cache, 125 W)

My budget is £300 this will be my Christmas money.

I will be gaming and streaming. 

Help anyone?? 
Or if you have a better recommendation please tell me.

1 minute ago, KevZila said:

Either

Or

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition "Vishera" CPU (8 Core, AM3+, Clock 4.0 GHz, Turbo 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 Cache, 125 W)

Help anyone?? 

for £300 that is good but I would save up a little more for an intel cpu of for zen to arrive.

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

2 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

for £300 that is good but I would save up a little more for an intel cpu of for zen to arrive.

ahh ok.

But if I want / need to upgrade now(ish) what would you recommend a new CPU or GPU?

@KevZila, I recommend you upgrade your GPU. Since you have a nice 300 EUR to spend, I'd suggest you get a better card, such as the GTX 1060 6GB. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

ahh ok.

But if I want / need to upgrade now(ish) what would you recommend a new CPU or GPU?

Why are you upgrading? What does the computer need to do that it doesn't now?

Computers r fun

Just now, KevZila said:

ahh ok.

you should look at the cpu, that gpu still has some life left in it.

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

for streaming you would definitely want a better cpu preferably intel or like matt suggested wait for zen

the only reason i think people should buy fx processors is if they're going for an extreme budget build

2 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Why are you upgrading? What does the computer need to do that it doesn't now?

Im upgrading as playing a game the CPU is around %80 and when streaming its %100 and I don't get good FPS nor can I play some games about medium as it only has 2gb gddr5.

3 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

for streaming you would definitely want a better cpu preferably intel or like matt suggested wait for zen

the only reason i think people should buy fx processors is if they're going for an extreme budget build

The problem is if I buy a Intel CPU I have to also buy a motherboard so the price will be a bit wobbly. 

Just now, KevZila said:

Im upgrading as playing a game the CPU is around %80 and when streaming its %100 and I don't get good FPS nor can I play some games about medium as it only has 2gb gddr5.

That is plenty for 1080p. If the cpu wasn't at 100%/80% load there would be concerns. What games are you trying to run, and what resoloutions? How much Ram do you have?

Computers r fun

10 minutes ago, KevZila said:

Either

Or

Help anyone?? 

All depends on what you want to do If you are going to play source games like csgo and gmod get the cpu because these games are very cpu Intensive but if you are going to do something like render video or play gpu intensive games like crisis or fallout get the gpu. 

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

The problem is if I buy a Intel CPU I have to also buy a motherboard so the price will be a bit wobbly. 

yeah but if you want any sort of valuable cpu upgrade you will need a different socket type anyways

but if you really want to stream a fx-4130 will not cut it

2 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

That is plenty for 1080p. If the cpu wasn't at 100%/80% load there would be concerns. What games are you trying to run, and what resoloutions? How much Ram do you have?

8gb ram.

I play games like:

Rainbow six siege

GTA5

Battlefield 1

Arma 3

And games like that.

I currently run at 1080p but hopefully soon I will be going over to 1440p / 4k.

Just now, AddisonHawke said:

All depends on what you want to do If you are going to play source games like csgo and gmod get the cpu because these games are very cpu Intensive but if you are going to do something like render video or play gpu intensive games like crisis or fallout get the gpu. 

cs:go is not cpu intensive

video rendering is though

2 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

yeah but if you want any sort of valuable cpu upgrade you will need a different socket type anyways

but if you really want to stream a fx-4130 will not cut it

AMD FX 8350 Black Edition*

@KevZila Get either the MSI GTX 1060 6GT OC or the Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB as they're both very powerful cards and you'll definitely see a boost in FPS while gaming and streaming. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

I currently run at 1080p but hopefully soon I will be going over to 1440p / 4k.

if you plan on going to 1440/4k an rx 470 will not cut it

at 1440p an rx 480 will do, bet if you will be playing 4k you should probably do a new system

cs:go is not cpu intensive

video rendering is though

I ment that it puts more load on the cpu than gpu I know it's not a hard game to run

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

that cpu is about the equivalent of a low spec i5, and can easily bottleneck an rx480 and maybe even an rx470

i think you should just save more and get a more valuable upgrade

1 minute ago, AddisonHawke said:

I ment that it puts more load on the cpu than gpu I know it's not a hard game to run

ah i see

that cpu is about the equivalent of a low spec i5, and can easily bottleneck an rx480 and maybe even an rx470

i think you should just save more and get a more valuable upgrade

So roughly what should I do now?? 

Just now, KevZila said:

So roughly what should I do now?? 

with that money you could probably upgrade to a 4th gen i5 and motherboard, that would help a lot with streaming and save up for a new video card before you get a new monitor

2 minutes ago, Xizerz said:

with that money you could probably upgrade to a 4th gen i5 and motherboard, that would help a lot with streaming and save up for a new video card before you get a new monitor

Got any recommendations for m/b and possessor?