First PC build for my son

done12many2
10 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I don't even know.  A lot.  There's 4 sitting on my desk.  9 in my main rig.  Two in each laptop.  One or two in every computer in the house.  We'll find one for him if he runs out of space.  :D

Thanks bud.

I fixed the links.

I feel like I am.  My kids keep me that way.  I take care of them, they take care of me.  Our system works. :D

I'll pass on the greetings.  

DAMN lol. at east 15 youve got there :)

7 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Believe it or not, I actually like them better than my cars and computers.  :D

Thanks and holy shit!!  That kind of thinking will break the bank!

Seriously though, I could see hooking each up with a 1080 from my current build when I upgrade myself to a Titan XP SLI or 1080 Ti SLI.  xD

I plan to keep a real close eye on him.

His build will remain in his room so that might be one awkwardly long tube.   O.o

I've got enough WC parts on hand to build him a nice small loop, but I want to get him started with the basics.  This gives us some follow on projects in the future.

So you have more than 1 kid I guess :D

About GTX 1080 ... I know that you will upgrade your GPUs in next few months (when 1080 Ti comes out), so you can either sell those 1080s for some cheap money or give them to your kids.

Since you have only 2 GPUs, only two kids will be happy :P

GTX 1080 is like 600$ new, so you would be seeling used ones for like 400$? That's a great card and I wouldn't want to sell it for that cheap so I would rather give it to my kid if I had one.

I do belive you have more than enough parts for water cooling, so no problems there.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

58 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

So you have more than 1 kid I guess :D

Three as a matter of fact.  They ain't cheap bud!!  O.o

About GTX 1080 ... I know that you will upgrade your GPUs in next few months (when 1080 Ti comes out), so you can either sell those 1080s for some cheap money or give them to your kids.

Since you have only 2 GPUs, only two kids will be happy :P

GTX 1080 is like 600$ new, so you would be seeling used ones for like 400$? That's a great card and I wouldn't want to sell it for that cheap so I would rather give it to my kid if I had one.

Yeah, I'll definitely hook them up before selling them off.  I need to start repurposing my parts more and this will help.  The oldest one wants a gaming laptop so no need for a 3rd GPU.

I do belive you have more than enough parts for water cooling, so no problems there.

As soon as I'm convinced that he's got a good grasp on basic computing, me and the little guy will be hooking his rig up!

My parents just bought him an Asus 24" 1080p monitor as their Christmas gift to him so he's in for a big surprise when he gets all of this stuff.

at least get him a 240gb ssd and 850w ARE YOU CRAZY.

tat pc needs like a 500w psu

and what gpu?

2 minutes ago, Over9000Dude said:

at least get him a 240gb ssd and 850w ARE YOU CRAZY.

tat pc needs like a 500w psu

and what gpu?

When you get a chance to read through the thread you'll see that all of this has been addressed.  Thanks for your feedback though.