Help with streaming setup!

Hello!

Ok so I'm about to start streaming on twitch and youtube using Restream.io.

I got myself a bunch of gear and I'm figuring out what's the best way to set it up.

Had a plan for this BEFORE I bought the gear of course, but now that I'm setting it up, things might be a little different.

So here's the original plan:

Setup-1.0.png

Now, as I try to set this up, I'm having all sorts of issues.

I'll start with the audio.

Is it a better idea, to have the mic and interface going into the PC instead, and then running the voice chat apps on that, and then also hooking up the PTT pedal to the PC instead of the mac?

Should I be running iTunes or whatever else I'm using for the background music, on the PC too?

This way the streaming computer (the mac), gets ALL the audio and just sends it to the stream?
But this starts to defeat the purpose of having the PC run ONLY the games, to keep me playing at full PC performance with no FPS drops etc...

Then, about the video:

The splitter supports up to 4K. It has an "auto" mode and a "copy" mode. I'm testing it right now on "auto".

The INOGENI supports 4K as well.

I bought 4K gear because I'll be upgrading to an ultra wide monitor on the PC soon, so I need that even if I still stream at 1080p.

In OBS, the presets only go up to 720p which is a nope.

But, if I switch to manual config and try to to 1080p, the source goes black.

Also the TV hooked up to the PC keeps losing signal, it's like the refresh rate is jumping around and the TV is trying to catch up.

Help?

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

seems very complicated, be much easier if you did it on 1 computer rather then 2

Edit: you have a beastly pc with a 5820k, should have no issue streaming with 1 pc, i use a 6700k and i can stream/record with very good quality and no fps hit. i see you also have a nvidia gpu. ever looked into nVenc? ita encoding done with the GPU and it is very efficient. 

anyway i stream with 1 pc and it just makes things simpilar

with background music and voice chat applications running on the mac you will have more control over audio whilst in game during a stream so you don't have to alt-tab out of the game to alter settings. also the input source going black could be a few more settings that need configuring inside of OBS or maybe settings on your capture device

Yeah, my PC could definitely handle both, but I want the extra stuff that streaming on a separate computer brings.

PCs crash. Macs don't. I can keep streaming and switch to a temporary scene, or just switch to the webcam whenever the PC has any issues.

I can even restart the PC or do literally anything with it, and still keep the stream going.

Anyway, I'm looking for help with the 2 computers setup. So let's please keep it relevant.

No one else??

3 minutes ago, GM Rod said:

No one else??

Tinker around with the encoding settings. Maybe that is the issue

i like trains 🙂

Well ok, the video part is actually solved now.

I just unplugged everything and plugged it all back in, I guess it was the physical connections.

As for audio:

- I didn't realize I had to add two sources, one video and one audio, from the capture card. Done.

- Since all my audio is on my mac, I can't use ANY ingame voice chat, right? Since that'd be running on the PC and with this setup, my mic is connected to the mac so there's no way to have it send the signal into the game... Unless I use an audio out from my interface and go back to the PC that way using one of the PC inputs. Hmmmmm any advice on this?

And lastly, all my scene switching is gonna have to happen manually, right? There's no way to have OBS detect app/window changes on the PC, if it's running on the mac, is there?

woah, most expensive straming ssetup ive seen ever. 

If you just have it record everything on the monitor, (display output) then it should detect everything you do. 
I don't know how to do that with a second pc, but for instance Stalker 2 won';t record with game capture, but if I record with display output it will see it. 

Other than that you can try recording by desktop or something. It's one of the video recording options in OBS when you right click to add sources in a scene. 

10 hours ago, fpo said:

woah, most expensive straming ssetup ive seen ever. 

If you just have it record everything on the monitor, (display output) then it should detect everything you do. 
I don't know how to do that with a second pc, but for instance Stalker 2 won';t record with game capture, but if I record with display output it will see it. 

Other than that you can try recording by desktop or something. It's one of the video recording options in OBS when you right click to add sources in a scene. 

I'm talking about automatic scene switching. Everything else seems to be working fine now.

I just have to figure out the audio thing for when I might use ingame voice chat.