will my gtx 980 bottleneck from my i3 6100 cpu

battletoads1121

Not too much.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

Depends on the game.

i3 6100 | msi gtx 980 4gb | hyper X fury 8gb ram | ASRock b150m pro4/hyper motherboard | segotep warship EVA | EVGA 550b 80+ bronze | Deepcooler ice edge mini | apacer 120gb ssd | WD 1tb HDD

I know someone who paired a GTX 950 with a 3.0ghz Core 2 Duo and he is running games just fine so you should be fine. I paired a i3 4370 with a RX 480 and was able to get over 60fps in low to mid CPU heavy games fine with only a slight bottleneck in CPU heavy games. So you should be fine with most games just don't be expecting great framerates with the physics and render ranges turned up in some games like Battlefield 1.

Yes it will bottleneck, depending on the game. GTA V will for sure bottleneck. You'll be fine to a degree but in the future I recommend upgrading to a i5 6400 or 6500.

The geek himself.

i dont really play AAA titles, just LoL, CS:GO, World of Warcraft, and a few steam games. so i was wondering if it  will be a problem or be harmful to my system

1 minute ago, battletoads1121 said:

i dont really play AAA titles, just LoL, CS:GO, World of Warcraft, and a few steam games. so i was wondering if it  will be a problem or be harmful to my system

Those game under utilize the GPU anyways, so you most likely won't notice a bottleneck.