Enthoo Pro M acrylic Window edition panel warping

So I've had this case for just under 9 months (got it on the 11th of February). Great case, that benefits a lot with slightly positive air pressure. However, I don't know when it happened, but due to ΔΘ (differential heat) between the inside of the case and the outside of the case, the acrylic side panel has slightly elongated in the center, and no longer sits flush with the case. I have notified Phanteks- not for a new panel, but asking if the tempered glass side panel will be available as an "upgrade" to the acrylic window case (as it appears to have the same mounting system), but I haven't received a response. I'd just like to inform everyone. Albeit my side panel may just be faulty (I've noticed that the screws and the holes in the panel don't line up exactly- so it might have been a factory random error), but this should always be taken into consideration when buying a case. I've sent both an email and a message on Phanteks' page on Facebook (I'm not on any other social medias), and I will provide updates if I get any news (good or bad).

tl;dr Side panel has elongated. I'll update you guys when I get any news from Phanteks.

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but there is a gap that shouldn't be there...

1fku6k.gif

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

25 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Post a picture for us?

You're right. I added a gif. Is it visible? Does it play?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem side panel warping top and bottom.

is there a fix for it or was it a manufacturing error ?

On 12/9/2016 at 1:10 AM, ky802008 said:

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but there is a gap that shouldn't be there...

1fku6k.gif

Dropped a follow. I actually was considering this case for myself. If this is true I'll get a different one or spend that bit more on the TG version.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I am sorry to inform you all that I haven't received any response from Phanteks whats so ever. I sent a follow up message to RMA saying I haven't heard a response from them on the 27th of December, to which they haven't responded. I will send a few more messages, but I doubt I will hear from them again. 

On 1/14/2017 at 7:44 AM, Huutonytran said:

I have the same problem side panel warping top and bottom.

is there a fix for it or was it a manufacturing error ?

My best guess (as a student graduating as a material scientist) is that they used cheap acrylic. And because the inner side heats up and cools back down when the PC is running, the outer side remains at room temperature, resulting in uneven heating and cooling of the panel, resulting in an elongated panel.

On 1/14/2017 at 10:12 AM, Energycore said:

Dropped a follow. I actually was considering this case for myself. If this is true I'll get a different one or spend that bit more on the TG version.

Yes I would recommend the tempered glass edition. However, you must take into consideration the extra care that one must take when handling tempered glass.

I have Contacted Phanteks US and they said:

You would need to contact PCCG for any warranty issues.

Bought mine from pccasegear.com even if i do get it replaced its gonna be the same issues anyways.

Sounds like a hassle taking my computer apart then going through the process of Packaging it then shipping it back to them for a replacemen.

Is it really worth the hassle going through all that process ? 

IMG_2136.JPG

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 10:26 PM, ky802008 said:

My best guess (as a student graduating as a material scientist) is that they used cheap acrylic. And because the inner side heats up and cools back down when the PC is running, the outer side remains at room temperature, resulting in uneven heating and cooling of the panel, resulting in an elongated panel.

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition came out way before the Tempered Glass Versions.

I get this feeling Phanteks knew they fucked up big time with the Acrylic Version having Problems & Issues from Feedbacks.

Thats why they Release the Tempered Glass Version which doesn't have any Problems to

make up for it ? But that still doesn't fix my current problem with the side panel.

No wounder the Shops & Online Stores don't have Acrylic Version anymore only the Glass Version, Phanteks knew they stuffed up.

Hell i bet they stopped making it.

Idk man i think Phanteks did a poor design with this Acrylic Panel either the 4 Screws was a bad idea OR the holes and Screws alignment was way off.

Hell 4 bolts/Scews isn't enough thats why the middle top/bottom of the panel have Gaps for dust to enter=Fail.

IMG_2121.JPG

18 hours ago, Huutonytran said:

-snip-

I agree with them messing up, but I think it's just a poor quality acrylic panel. I'm going to bring it to the shop I purchased the case from, and ask to upgrade to the evolv atx tempered glass edition, and I'll pay the difference in price. If that fails as well, then I'll ask for a refund, and buy a different case from a different shop.

Update: Phanteks finally replied! I will quote there exact message that was sent to me- better off I'll screenshot it:

This imo is a load of bull. If it was a mistake on my hand (like I tried to mod it), then I get paying for a panel. But this is a faulty side panel. no longer sits flush to the case. I would clean it with a lenses cleaning liquid (same I'd use for my glasses), and a glasses microfiber cloth, and it STILL SCRATCHED. It's now filled with micro-scratches. I am disappointed, as I feel like the company was only interested in selling the product, and now doesn't give a damn about helping.

bullshit.PNG

• 4 months later...

Hi is it possible to order/buy that tempered glass side panel to replace my acrylic one ? Will it fit & are the screw holes the same fitment?
How much will it cost for glass panel only?

I'm in Australia btw should I be contacting Phanteks America or Phanteks Australia?

4 hours ago, Huutonytran said:

Hi is it possible to order/buy that tempered glass side panel to replace my acrylic one ? Will it fit & are the screw holes the same fitment?
How much will it cost for glass panel only?

I'm in Australia btw should I be contacting Phanteks America or Phanteks Australia?

I contacted them asking the same thing, and you need to pay a "premium". But yeah, I'd recommend contacting phanteks Australia, or else the dealer that you bought the case from. Do you have the same issue as the one I've stated? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2017 at 2:51 AM, ky802008 said:

I contacted them asking the same thing, and you need to pay a "premium". But yeah, I'd recommend contacting phanteks Australia, or else the dealer that you bought the case from. Do you have the same issue as the one I've stated? 

I do know that the glass will fit BUT what I'm really worried about is the Tempered Glass Edition comes four rubber things on the case to mount the glass before screwing in on with the four black screws.

Where as the Acrylic Version it doesn't have the 4 rubber grommets it only has the 4 black screws only which comes with the case.

Now my question is if I were to order the Tempered Glass from Phanteks Will the four black rubber thing be included so I can screw them onto the case before mounting the glass on?

Worst case scenario I screw the glass on without the four rubber thing and the glass shatters lol.

Btw what's the best way to keep in touch with you since I don't get notified whenever there's a new reply WTH.

Btw the case cost $150 in Australia so I don't want to buy another one only need the Glass Panel only.

20170705_131809.jpg.bb2294ec3afa59809c7c5bcb5b7e7c90.jpg

20170705_134215.jpg

The Tempered Glass Edition is held by 4 screws outfitted with four rubber washers to hold the glass into place before screwing it on.

This also helps the glass from getting scratched or even being shattered.

20170705_153533.thumb.png.b1004ec9f89bd546c6e2b74cb25ad8d3.png

Rubber CYLINDRICAL MOUNTS screw these onto the original side screw holes on the side of the case then place the glass panel holes through that which holds the glass into place,

Now screw the original black screws on top of it.

Screenshot_20170705-162915.png

DAEMPFER_M3x10_D_12.5mm.jpg

11 hours ago, Huutonytran said:

-snip-

I'll send you a personal message. If you want to, we can also exchange some sort of social media or email address

11 hours ago, ky802008 said:

I'll send you a personal message. If you want to, we can also exchange some sort of social media or email address

Even with Acrylic Panel Screwed on there's a Gap between them at the top and bottom where dust & unfiltered air enters which cause the dust to stick behind the Acrylic Panel.

And if you try to clean it off it scratches very easily.

20170706_150326.jpg

20170706_145839.jpg