VPN Services - Things to Consider

Best VPN Service?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following VPN providers do you trust the most with your connection?

• PureVPN
    • Tunnelbear
    • Express VPN
    • Hotspot Shield
    • IPVanish
    • Cyberghost
    • F-Secure Freedome
    • VyprVPN
    • Opera Browser VPN
    • NordVPN
    • Other - Private Service (If so, comment which one you use)
  2. 2. How would you consider your privacy-awareness?

• Maximum - I like to keep all of my information online secure and routed through a VPN connection
    • Top - I like to keep all of my information online secure but I have devices which I don't see the need for a VPN on (e.g. Smartphone, Console, Router etc.)
    • Medium - I keep my information secure but mainly through means other than a VPN.
    • Low - What on earth is a VPN?

Hello Everyone,

Recently I've been doing some research into different VPN services, collecting information about Data Protection laws and the type of security said services use to protect your information. This all comes thanks to my being based in the UK and with the new "snoopers charter" being passed recently, it's triggered some controversy between high-flying characters including the likes of 'Edward Snowden' and others alike which believe our privacy now, is at more risk than ever.

My verifying credentials include BSc(Hons) Forensic Computing and various experiences in the IT Security Industry, several of my aforementioned VPN providers I have been in contact with are included in the Poll list, I urge everyone to complete the poll in this post and let me know which VPN service you use and why. Ask questions like; "What makes my VPN secure?" and "Do I actually know who is providing my connection".

Once the polls are conclusive, I will choose the most-used VPN service and provide a full review. I will use the service for 30-Days, monitor it's connections, contact the company and go into detail about how secure and private your data is. Drop a note in the comments if this is something you'd like to see, and what aspects of the services you would like to know about.

Jordan Bell

Forensic Cybersecurity Analyst (6YR Experience)

GSN Global (GSN UK)

--------------------------------

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.

4 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

This should be multiple choice. 

Updated, question is now multiple choice :)

Jordan Bell

GSN Global (GSN UK)

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.

3 hours ago, Jeffy said:

Great initiative. I have chosen my options and I'm a really very satisfied user of purevpn. Would be really great if I get to know more about the service that I cannot technically test myself. Also, do incorporate DNS Leak and IPv6 leak in your review for whichever service you review. You can also choose the top 3 providers for a review too! Good luck for it :)

Thanks for those suggestions, I'll definitely take everything into account when testing the services people vote for. I've contacted PureVPN and requested a time slot to perform some penetration testing on their network also, I will be looking for vulnerabilities in DNS, IPv4/6 leaks and the version of OpenVPN they use, my results will be published in a full review on a date currently TBC.

Jordan Bell

GSN Global (GSN UK)

11 hours ago, DrBell17 said:

Hello Everyone,

Recently I've been doing some research into different VPN services, collecting information about Data Protection laws and the type of security said services use to protect your information. This all comes thanks to my being based in the UK and with the new "snoopers charter" being passed recently, it's triggered some controversy between high-flying characters including the likes of 'Edward Snowden' and others alike which believe our privacy now, is at more risk than ever.

My verifying credentials include BSc(Hons) Forensic Computing and various experiences in the IT Security Industry, several of my aforementioned VPN providers I have been in contact with are included in the Poll list, I urge everyone to complete the poll in this post and let me know which VPN service you use and why. Ask questions like; "What makes my VPN secure?" and "Do I actually know who is providing my connection".

Once the polls are conclusive, I will choose the most-used VPN service and provide a full review. I will use the service for 30-Days, monitor it's connections, contact the company and go into detail about how secure and private your data is. Drop a note in the comments if this is something you'd like to see, and what aspects of the services you would like to know about.

I use private internet access - works good for accessing us netflix in the uk lol