Questions Regarding: Proper Fan Controlling and Fan choice.

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
2 minutes ago, Alkali A said:

The original reason was noise; however, that might not be a problem after I tweak a few things in the BIOS, yet to be seen.

Aesthetics wise I was thinking of getting red led fans from corsair because they'd give me red leds in the case, and I could then make the actual case leds (which I haven't gotten yet, or decided on which ones to get) to white so I can see the inside of the case much better, without completely flooding the whole case with nothing but red (kinda hate that).

Temperature wise the CPU idles at just under or at 30 degrees Celsius and hits 60 degrees while the stress test built into CPUZ is running; the GPU idles at just over 30 degrees celsius, and gets up to just over 50 degrees Celsius while Heaven is running on ultra.

It should be noted that I do have a fan curve on the gpu though, and it gets pretty loud by the time it's fully under load.

Your temps are very low. You're fine up to 80-90c at load for both the cpu and gpu. I'd say to get your fan curve as low as possible.

Corsair's ML fans are good and their AF/SP LED fans are alright at best. Depending on what you go for, you could split the signal from either your cpu_fan or sys_fan1/2 headers.

2 minutes ago, Alkali A said:

Ideally, I'd like to get the fans I mentioned in the topic post all for under 100-150 dollars. May not be realistic, but that's what ideally is.

Silence wise, I wouldn't want to hear it normally under load, but if I could hear it if I listened for it , or if there was maybe a light low hum that'd totally be acceptable.

Did you lower the speed of your current fans? Where is your noise level currently and how far is it from where you want it?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.