Help please

Ghost760

So I just added another 760 to my computer and was going to attempt running them in sli but once I did that the computer started up I typed in my password and after about 30 seconds the computer shut off. I then had to remove both graphic cards from the motherboard before I got it to turn on again and now won't start up with then completely disconnected. Any idea what I did and how I might fix it?

If no POST 'beep' sound, no FAN working, in other word, 'completely dead', then - I think - it should be your PSU dead, or MotherBoard bricked.

Try to use another PSU.

Clear the CMOS on your board first and see where that gets you. What power supply do you have? Want to make sure you got a supply that's up to the task for SLI.

Minor thing: Make sure you post on the Troubleshooting section of the forum if you need help with your system!

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, hartantovictor said:

If no POST 'beep' sound, no FAN working, in other word, 'completely dead', then - I think - it should be your PSU dead, or MotherBoard bricked.

Try to use another PSU.

I don't really have one but it starts up if I remove the cards just fine? 

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Clear the CMOS on your board first and see where that gets you. What power supply do you have? Want to make sure you got a supply that's up to the task for SLI.

Minor thing: Make sure you post on the Troubleshooting section of the forum if you need help with your system!

800 WATT 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY whatever that is 

4 minutes ago, Ghost760 said:

So right now, it only POSTs with no cards installed. But once you install even on card, it doesn't POST?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

So right now, it only POSTs with no cards installed. But once you install even on card, it doesn't POST?

If my POSTs you mean start up then yea 

And I pulled out the cmos and that didint help also it starts for like a millisecond the fan like rotates barely and only after I shut the system off and hold the power button which does something my friend told me about but I can't remember what it does. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost760 said:

Is it a question or a statement? o.O.

If you remove the Graphics Card and it starts up just fine (you can use the system normally), then it should be the PSU. (Although driver settings could be one of the reason, but anyway, let's troubleshoot one thing at a time first).

1 minute ago, hartantovictor said:

Is it a question or a statement? o.O.

If you remove the Graphics Card and it starts up just fine (you can use the system normally), then it should be the PSU. (Although driver settings could be one of the reason, but anyway, let's troubleshoot one thing at a time first).

Yes system works fine with the cards plugged in 

I but as soon as I plug in the cards to the motherboard it doesn't work even without the power cords plugged into the card 

Wait, you said:

4 minutes ago, Ghost760 said:

Yes system works fine with the cards plugged in 

And now:

3 minutes ago, Ghost760 said:

I but as soon as I plug in the cards to the motherboard it doesn't work even without the power cords plugged into the card 

So, it works fine or it doesn't work fine? :D

2 minutes ago, hartantovictor said:

Wait, you said:

And now:

So, it works fine or it doesn't work fine? :D

Am freaking out my bad when the cards are in it doesn't work when the cards are out the system boots just fine 

3 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

have you tried each card separately? could be one of them is causing a conflict

They both don't work in either slots 

Just now, Sierra Fox said:

have you tried each card separately? could be one of them is causing a conflict

I agree with Sierra Fox, I think your best bet is to take them off completely and try them one by one. Double check you have correct drivers as well since your going to be running them in SLI, drivers need to be updated. If one works, but not 2, then it could be your motherboard. I highly doubt your PSU is the cause since its strong enough to handle them both (unless its a cheap brand in which case it could be, but still not as likely). 

Just now, Ghost760 said:

They both don't work in either slots 

I would suggest to first uninstall any drivers you installed when you first installed the cards, both the first one you had on already and then the seconds one if you did in fact install other drivers for the second one(not sure). Reboot the system with the cards removed from the motherboard (not just disconnected from the PSU) and check to make sure everything is fine. Once that happens, try one card at a time and install the current drivers from the manufacturers website, if it works with the first card, then do the same with the second and see what happens. If it doesn't work with the first one and or both, then you have a motherboard problem, I highly doubt its the PSU since its a 800 watt PSU

6 minutes ago, Ghost760 said:

Am freaking out my bad when the cards are in it doesn't work when the cards are out the system boots just fine 

No problemo.

Well I guess you can continue with @dorkiusmx suggestion. Just realized you have 800W PSU.

800W?!

smash your computer with a hammer until it works again.

11 minutes ago, dorkiusmx said:

I would suggest to first uninstall any drivers you installed when you first installed the cards, both the first one you had on already and then the seconds one if you did in fact install other drivers for the second one(not sure). Reboot the system with the cards removed from the motherboard (not just disconnected from the PSU) and check to make sure everything is fine. Once that happens, try one card at a time and install the current drivers from the manufacturers website, if it works with the first card, then do the same with the second and see what happens. If it doesn't work with the first one and or both, then you have a motherboard problem, I highly doubt its the PSU since its a 800 watt PSU

Okay one of them works 

Just now, hartantovictor said:

No problemo.

Well I guess you can continue with @dorkiusmx suggestion. Just realized you have 800W PSU.

800W?!

lol it is a bit overkill, but its for sure delivering every bit of power he needs, plus he can scale it up or upgrade without having to worry about getting another one. I have a 500 watt PSU, but kinda regretting not getting the 700 one i saw lol. Though I can still use this if I do get it to build a second computer. 

Just now, Ghost760 said:

Okay one of them works 

And it's not the original one I had in there?!

Just now, Ghost760 said:

Okay one of them works 

did you uninstall and reinstall the drivers as well? Make sure they are current. 

6 minutes ago, dorkiusmx said:

did you uninstall and reinstall the drivers as well? Make sure they are current. 

Okay I'll try that in the morning at least one of them works is it even worth the benefits if I ever get the sli working that is if I didn't break the gpu ? And Thanks for the help.