No drivers found trying to install Windows 10?

Amer

The M.2 SSD was read by the motherboard all the time. When I finally got Windows to begin installing, it says there isn't any drives connected.. I'm really confused. Should I restart it again and see what happens? Took me a long time to at least get to the installation part lol

Cheese

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

are you on the latest bios version for your motherboard?

Don't think so. Was planning to install drivers after Windows 10 installs... Shouldn't be a bios problem though the motherboard was reading the ssd lol

Cheese

1 minute ago, Amer said:

Don't think so. Was planning to install drivers after Windows 10 installs... Shouldn't be a bios problem though the motherboard was reading the ssd lol

the bios is not the same as the drivers, the bios is the interface that windows 10 uses to talk to your components, if your bios is outdated than that can result in windows 10 not properly being able to read the drive.

1 minute ago, tlink said:

the bios is not the same as the drivers, the bios is the interface that windows 10 uses to talk to your components, if your bios is outdated than that can result in windows 10 not properly being able to read the drive.

How will I be able to update the bios? The bios was last updated on Oct 5th 2016. Also, it doesn't make sense though because the bios read the M.2 SSD lol

Cheese

5 minutes ago, Amer said:

How will I be able to update the bios? The bios was last updated on Oct 5th 2016. Also, it doesn't make sense though because the bios read the M.2 SSD lol

what's your actual hardware? and yea the bios reading the m.2 ssd is normal, the thing was designed to be there so it would be weird for it to not detect it. the point is that windows can be finnicky with boot drives which can be the problem of an outdated bios. what i think is the problem is not the actual bios to hardware interface but the windows to bios interface, but thats just a guess. the other thing that it can be is that you're trying to install an older version of windows 10, try downloading the latest iso if you want to be sure.

are you trying to install windows 10 using a USB flash drive?

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

Just now, mark_p8 said:

are you trying to install windows 10 using a usb flash drive?

Yeah

Cheese

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

what's your actual hardware? and yea the bios reading the m.2 ssd is normal, the thing was designed to be there so it would be weird for it to not detect it. the point is that windows can be finnicky with boot drives which can be the problem of an outdated bios. what i think is the problem is not the actual bios to hardware interface but the windows to bios interface, but thats just a guess. the other thing that it can be is that you're trying to install an older version of windows 10, try downloading the latest iso if you want to be sure.

I put the latest windows 10 ISO onto the USB.

Cheese

1 minute ago, Amer said:

than my only guess is that its the bios that needs updating, again what is your actual hardware? it can be seen pretty easily by looking at the changelog of that.

1 minute ago, Amer said:

Yeah

I had that problem, try using rufus to make a bootable USB flashdrive. Make sure that you set it to use GPT for UEFI.

Okay, I can't recall the settings, search youtube for something like, Rufus Settings for UEFI.

2 minutes ago, mark_p8 said:

I had that problem, try using rufus to make a bootable USB flashdrive. Make sure that you set it to use GPT for UEFI.

Okay, I can't recall the settings, search youtube for something like, Rufus Settings for UEFI.

Is Rufus for Mac? I'm currently on a Mac :/

Cheese

3 minutes ago, tlink said:

than my only guess is that its the bios that needs updating, again what is your actual hardware? it can be seen pretty easily by looking at the changelog of that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CDhpzM

Cheese

2 minutes ago, Amer said:

When using a USB drive to install, I've had issues with USB3.0 ports in the past. USB2.0 ports always worked fine though. It's a driver problem.

Also, your motherboard may detect your m.2 drive, but if it's using a RAID controller, Windows will need a driver to see your m.2 drive.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, Amer said:

Is Rufus for Mac? I'm currently on a Mac :/

No, didn't realize that. When you are making your USB Bootable drive, is there any settings that says GPT or UEFI? Sorry no idea on how to make bootable drive on a mac

1 minute ago, mark_p8 said:

No, didn't realize that. When you are making your USB Bootable drive, is there any settings that says GPT or UEFI? Sorry no idea on how to make bootable drive on a mac

nu

Cheese

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

When using a USB drive to install, I've had issues with USB3.0 ports in the past. USB2.0 ports always worked fine though. It's a driver problem.

Also, your motherboard may detect your m.2 drive, but if it's using a RAID controller, Windows will need a driver to see your m.2 drive.

It's plugged into the USB 2.0 port. Do I update the motherboard's driver?

Cheese

6 minutes ago, Amer said:

doesn't look like its an outdated bios. then it probably has to do with the settings for the sata/raid controller, or your usb not booting into uefi mode. try manually selecting the uefi usb boot instead of the normal boot from the list of bootable devices in your bios. if a uefi boot is not available than it might be your usb stick not being created correctly.

4 minutes ago, Amer said:

nu

can't find anything that can do it like rufus. Can you install virtualbox and install windows then download rufus, use it inside windows. Or burn the ISO if you have an optical drive which I am guessing you don't.

4 minutes ago, tlink said:

doesn't look like its an outdated bios. then it probably has to do with the settings for the sata/raid controller, or your usb not booting into uefi mode. try manually selecting the uefi usb boot instead of the normal boot from the list of bootable devices in your bios. if a uefi boot is not available than it might be your usb stick not being created correctly.

Well, I just updated the bios using another USB... 

Cheese

Just now, Amer said:

Well, I just updated the bios using another USB... 

doesn't hurt to update it only improves system stability, sorry if it wasted your time tough, thats why i needed system specs to judge it :P 

11 minutes ago, Amer said:

It's plugged into the USB 2.0 port. Do I update the motherboard's driver?

You could always do a BIOS update, but I'm leaning more toward SATA/RAID drivers as @tlink stated above.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

6 minutes ago, tlink said:

doesn't hurt to update it only improves system stability, sorry if it wasted your time tough, thats why i needed system specs to judge it :P 

5 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You could always do a BIOS update, but I'm leaning more toward SATA/RAID drivers as @tlink stated above.

Na it's fine. Currently re-making the USB; http://prntscr.com/dg9wbq since you suggested it isn't booting in UEFI mode which I think is the problem. I took out the USB and the bios reads my M.2 SSD again it's weird.

Cheese