AMD FX950

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,
5 minutes ago, trevwk78 said:

i know 8350 have 4 + 1 phasing and the 9590 has 6...but only utilizes four if voltage specs aren't met...all 6 are then powered when correct voltage is reached...but i've seen  9590 on a GA 970A ud3 board running stock 1.53 voltage...so which one of sarcastic super fucken geniuses want to clarify that fact

Neither the chip nor the VRM on a motherboard will be able to sense what power supply you are using.  I think other people are telling you that the 1000w PSU would be recommended, but I don't know where they are getting the fact that a CPU can tell what type of PSU is driving the system.  

was wondering if the FX9590 really has a feature that activated after putting a 1000 watt psu on it and stops it from working with 970 chipsets and only allows it to work with 990 chipsets is this true??

I don't know. Most people will tell you to get an i5 6500 if spending that much as I have no idea what you doing with 1000w. Unless you put 4 Titan X pascal then in that case you are being bottlenecked

Is this some kind of weird conspiracy theory?

The FX 9590 has a limited amount of compatible motherboards, and the only 970 boards i know of that support it, are made by ASRock. And as far as i am aware, your pc can't "detect" what PSU you have, let alone it's wattage.

Roses are red, Templars wear white. 

Will you take Jerusalem with me tonight?

i am not using the FX 9590 for gaming nor do I need recommendations for a different set up...I need to know if this fact is true.

4 minutes ago, trevwk78 said:

was wondering if the FX9590 really has a feature that activated after putting a 1000 watt psu on it and stops it from working with 970 chipsets and only allows it to work with 990 chipsets is this true??

Yes.  The same thing happens with the 6950x.  Once it senses an awesome 12v rail, it splits its cores into two with four threads like a fucking Mogwai from the movie Gremlins.  20 cores and 40 threads thanks to its new PSU Boost 3.0.

Thank You very much for the reply...i posted in other forums just to stir up a bee's nest pissy gaming fanboys who think they know there shit just cuz they can boot windows and apply thermal paste to a cpu....now i can go get a 990 board...and continue testing algorithm integrity with this piece of hardware...again thanks...reference to those little ugly fucken gremlins made my day..thank you

6 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Yes.  The same thing happens with the 6950x.  Once it senses an awesome 12v rail, it splits its cores into two with four threads like a fucking Mogwai from the movie Gremlins.  20 cores and 40 threads thanks to its new PSU Boost 3.0.

This is sarcasm, right?...

Because I'm not sure if OP sees it's sarcasm.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, trevwk78 said:

it is sarcasm...a language i am very fluent..ty

PSU Boost 3.0.  Intel® PSU Boost 3.0.  That shit sounds pretty legit, right.  xD

1 minute ago, trevwk78 said:

it is sarcasm...a language i am very fluent..ty

K :D Sometimes it's just kinda hard to tell on the internet :P 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

no one will give a straight answer....just like deleting the system32 file folder for the awesome windows ghost mod....true internet cloaking...lol...i was looking for the psu boost 3,0 sticker on my psu....it was next to the on off switch

i know 8350 have 4 + 1 phasing and the 9590 has 6...but only utilizes four if voltage specs aren't met...all 6 are then powered when correct voltage is reached...but i've seen  9590 on a GA 970A ud3 board running stock 1.53 voltage...so which one of sarcastic super fucken geniuses want to clarify that fact

5 minutes ago, trevwk78 said:

Neither the chip nor the VRM on a motherboard will be able to sense what power supply you are using.  I think other people are telling you that the 1000w PSU would be recommended, but I don't know where they are getting the fact that a CPU can tell what type of PSU is driving the system.  

thank you....fx9590 stats 220 tdp and needs at least 1000watts...this chip was sitting in a  GA-970A-D3P (rev. 2.x) with a 750 watt psu...my friend aquired a 1300 evga...he put it in his system...9590 worked for awhile...black screen....removed 9590 replaced with 8350 board boot normally no indications of anything wrong..,.psu board ok....he thinks he needs a 990 FX board to continue using 9590..after plugging in the 1000 watt he thinks activated something in the cpu that will only work in 990's now...i think he fried it and is in the grieving process due to the lack of common sense displayed. he indicated he read a post where this takes place and and getting a 990 chipset was the soloution...i call bullshit...he has yet to give me a link

9 minutes ago, trevwk78 said:

thank you....fx9590 stats 220 tdp and needs at least 1000watts...this chip was sitting in a  GA-970A-D3P (rev. 2.x) with a 750 watt psu...my friend aquired a 1300 evga...he put it in his system...9590 worked for awhile...black screen....removed 9590 replaced with 8350 board boot normally no indications of anything wrong..,.psu board ok....he thinks he needs a 990 FX board to continue using 9590..after plugging in the 1000 watt he thinks activated something in the cpu that will only work in 990's now...i think he fried it and is in the grieving process due to the lack of common sense displayed.

Most likely it is the motherboard vrms or something, that board only supports up to 125W tdp cpus putting that 220W monster on it most likely fried the vrms.

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=5193

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

yeah i sent him the same link...what confuses me though...how the hell do you cook a 9590 with that setup....hence forum post....the idiocey displayed is beyond me sorry...as for thew vrm's i gave him my old 8350....he's still using the same board overclocked to 4.9 @ 1.48v...which lead me to verfy his claim...i;ve seen the board physically its running no probs under heavy stress...fucken forrest gumping his way through builds...i am at a loss for words....and this is the fucken same board that housed the 9590.  can someone please let me know...please...read carefully so you too can feel this unatural disturbance in the force