Gigabyte updates Aero 14 laptop with GTX1060

brwainer

GIGABYTE has introduced an upgraded version of its Aero 14 thin gaming notebook, upgrading to NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1060GPU with  6 GB of GDDR5 memory. The system has similar specs and features as the model introduced back in June, but now it offers better performance in games and GPU-accelerated workflows.

This is what I have been waiting for. I have wanted the Aero 14 for its battery life, but the 9 series graphics were holding me back. With the release of the 1060 GPU in the Aero 14, I have just placed an order at Amazon.

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10881/gigabyte-updates-its-aero-14-thin-gaming-laptop-with-geforce-gtx-1060-gpu

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N45HGL5/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Here is Linus' review of the OLD (Maxwell) Aero 14: 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

No product reviews yet. Looks good but thermal issues will probably try to bend you over. Good luck. I had P35X and that was really hot, and the finish picked up fingerprints like no other.

48 minutes ago, Dogeystyle said:

No product reviews yet. Looks good but thermal issues will probably try to bend you over. Good luck. I had P35X and that was really hot, and the finish picked up fingerprints like no other.

There are reviews of the 965m and 970m variants, and the TDP of the 1060 is the same - so there should be no changes. Just like every gaming ultrabook, you do have to accept some thermal and noise issues while gaming.

Its so ugly! 1,700 for a 1060?? Why did you order?

Doesn't the XPS have much better feel and track pad?

10 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Its so ugly! 1,700 for a 1060?? Why did you order?

Doesn't the XPS have much better feel and track pad?

can you find an gaming ultrabook for under $1500 with a latest gen GPU? The Razer Blade with a 1060 is $2000, The Alienware 13 R3 has a $1200 varient, but the equivalent to this product is $1800+ (the $1800 model is better in some areas and worse than others than the Aero 14).

The XPS 13 doesn't have dedicated graphics - only the XPS 15 does. This is because Dell also owns Alienware, and they don't need to compete against themselves.

I chose the Aero 14 because it has the best battery life compared to all its competitors in the ultrabook gaming segment. Other people may have different values.

On 12/6/2016 at 9:42 PM, brwainer said:

can you find an gaming ultrabook for under $1500 with a latest gen GPU? The Razer Blade with a 1060 is $2000, The Alienware 13 R3 has a $1200 varient, but the equivalent to this product is $1800+ (the $1800 model is better in some areas and worse than others than the Aero 14).

The XPS 13 doesn't have dedicated graphics - only the XPS 15 does. This is because Dell also owns Alienware, and they don't need to compete against themselves.

I chose the Aero 14 because it has the best battery life compared to all its competitors in the ultrabook gaming segment. Other people may have different values.

Yeah i can, the asus one has a 1060 and costs 1200!!!

did you search on amazon? Its like the first result for 1060 laptop

31 minutes ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Yeah i can, the asus one has a 1060 and costs 1200!!!

did you search on amazon? Its like the first result for 1060 laptop

The product you are talking about (assuming you mean the ROG Strix GL502VM) isn't an ultrabook because it has a 15.6" display. It is always easier to put high end components into a larger system. The 13-14.5" class, which is where ultrabooks are, all cost more. So please try again at proving me wrong - show me a "gaming ultrabook with a 1060 under $1500". And this time please provide the model number, not just "the asus one at the top of the search results"

1 hour ago, brwainer said:

The product you are talking about (assuming you mean the ROG Strix GL502VM) isn't an ultrabook because it has a 15.6" display. It is always easier to put high end components into a larger system. The 13-14.5" class, which is where ultrabooks are, all cost more. So please try again at proving me wrong - show me a "gaming ultrabook with a 1060 under $1500". And this time please provide the model number, not just "the asus one at the top of the search results"

Why would

you want a 13 over 15"?

you would pay HUNDREDS and more hundreds for TWO inches? Its not even 17 which i can understand being too big...

Also 15 means better cooling, less eye strain, better sharing if need be,

more keyboard space etc etc

Just now, OptimisticRealist said:

Why would

you want a 13 over 15"?

you would pay HUNDREDS and more hundreds for TWO inches? Its not even 17 which i can understand being too big...

Also 15 means better cooling, less eye strain, better sharing if need be,

more keyboard space etc etc

You wont find one because who the hell wants to game in a 13" screen x''D

2 people?

1 hour ago, OptimisticRealist said:

You wont find one because who the hell wants to game in a 13" screen x''D

2 people?

I don't get it. He wanted it = He bought it. 

Gaming ultrabook market is expensive by default.

I would buy one too... if I could afford it xD

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)

On 12/05/2016 at 3:00 PM, Dogeystyle said:

Honestly I really want to see how the new p35x handles the 1070, I have an older v4 with the 980m and i7 5800 and it sits right on the edge of its throttling envelope. Unless they have done some serious work on their cooling solution I can see the juicier 1070 being somewhat hampered.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

I spent a year lugging an rog 15" and business laptop through airports. If I had to do that again a 13" with 1060 sounds nice. Just my useless two cents. 

1 hour ago, Sparviero said:

I spent a year lugging an rog 15" and business laptop through airports. If I had to do that again a 13" with 1060 sounds nice. Just my useless two cents. 

Sure it might be nice for lugging, but paying 500 bucks extra for the 2 inches?

sounds too painful :(

Dave Lee has his reviews out! Still waiting on Notebookcheck but so far so good!

-94.24Wh battery. Dave claims 7 hours of regular use. Insane for an ultrabook gaming laptop!

-61dBa on load BUT no throttling it seems! Not sure what game he's using but 3.4~ghz on the 6700HQ. 68C on CPU. 72C on GPU. No GPU clocks shown. 100% GPU usage. No CPU usage shown.

Again, waiting for notebookcheck's review, but so far looks like the best "business" type gaming laptop one can get. Great battery life, beast gaming power, all in a lightweight form factor.

4 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

Dave Lee has his reviews out! Still waiting on Notebookcheck but so far so good!

-94.24Wh battery. Dave claims 7 hours of regular use. Insane for an ultrabook gaming laptop!

-61dBa on load BUT no throttling it seems! Not sure what game he's using but 3.4~ghz on the 6700HQ. 68C on CPU. 72C on GPU. No GPU clocks shown. 100% GPU usage. No CPU usage shown.

Again, waiting for notebookcheck's review, but so far looks like the best "business" type gaming laptop one can get. Great battery life, beast gaming power, all in a lightweight form factor.

Nice thanks for adding this!

On 11/12/2016 at 9:18 PM, OptimisticRealist said:

Sure it might be nice for lugging, but paying 500 bucks extra for the 2 inches?

sounds too painful :(

You also have to deal with the thicker and heavier chassis and a lower DPI screen, so there is that.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

11 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

You also have to deal with the thicker and heavier chassis and a lower DPI screen, so there is that.

I agree wholeheatedly... but the xps 15 does come close to being manageable for a 15.6in laptop. I prefer something like the surfacebook tbh... although, if it ever becomes a thing, quad core cpu would be nice.