Overclocking AMD X4 860K

I'm new to overcooking however I have researched it, and I am experienced with Windows, gaming and simple programming and PC building so I'm not a complete noob.

However after looking into oc'ing I decided to do it to my CPU as I want it to be at its best for when I get my new RX 470, currently I only have the stock cooler but I'm planning on getting an aftermarket air cooler soon. So yesterday I opened AMD Overdrive and followed what all the online tutorials suggested which was to keep increasing the multiplier until you are forced to increase the voltage because system instability or a crash would occur(each time I increased the multiplier I did a stability test). So I started out with the system defaults(37x multiplier @default Voltage)of course the system was stable so I kept the voltage the same but increased the multiplier to 38x;  Ran a stability test then a CPUID benchmark and it was fine with a slight performance increase. I repeated this all the way up to 4.1GHz (I Daren't go any higher than 41x) still on the stock voltage and everything was fine. I ran benchmarks, stress tests and played GTA V for 3 hours with AMD Overdrive on my second monitor and It always stayed within the thermal margin Whilst under constant heavy load(which I think was caused by me not changing the voltage from stock). There has been a noticeable increase in performance in programs such as GTA V and Valves Hammer Map Editor (especially whilst compiling maps). Have I just been fortunate in the 'Silicone lottery'? Also what would be the performance gains of overclocking further?

is your mobo good to overclock? and use the bios to OC way better

Everyone should own a vive.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:14 AM, MANIDY inc said:

is your mobo good to overclock? and use the bios to OC way better

I have an Asus A58M-E and it came with the Asus Ai suite which has overclocking features and the UEFI has overclocking features.