Found myself an old Kiev 88

U9ILC87.jpgOyeMPip.jpg

ucc10ez.jpg

So I was digging through some old stuff when I came across a peculiar box. Surprisingly or not, in it I found an old medium format camera, a Kiev 88. Mine is from 1990 and after some quick google searches and finding an user manual, voila, it still works perfectly. It's quite fascinating how it works, really, quite different than the digital cameras of nowadays. It's really heavy and it feels like a tank. Nevertheless,  I want to shoot some pictures with it but it's not so easy to find 120mm film. 

Anyway, it's just something cool to be sharing with you guys.

Here's an album with images (not taken with the Kiev, but pictures taken of it) :

http://imgur.com/a/yJfjr

And a video of the exposure/shutter because why not? It makes one hell of a sound.

On another note, I'm impressed by the camera quality on my OnePlus 3. I haven't really had a chance to put it up to any test so far, but I have to say it's pretty good.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

6 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Go to a dedicated photography store with the camera, they should carry medium format film.  Are you sure it has to be exactly 120 film and will not accept 220 film?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

53 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Go to a dedicated photography store with the camera, they should carry medium format film.  Are you sure it has to be exactly 120 film and will not accept 220 film?

Yeah, I will. Just need to find one, but that shouldn't be too hard. And 220 film could probably work as well. I'll see for myself :D

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Damn that is cool, been awhile since I have seen a USSR medium format, good luck with finding 120 film

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8