Non-cherry MX mech keyboards?

brownninja97

So after discovering that i hate nearly every available switch from cherry ive looked to other sources such as the RED SWITCH(*dramatic music*), this comes with the Zalman ZM-K500(i like zalman a lot).

My question is will the switches feel different because this may sound stupid but its a good thing in my situation? Its also only costs £30.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

it will feel different. cant tell you how though

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I've heard about'em but not sure how it feels compared to cherrymx switches.

one thing for sure is that that keyboard or any keyboard that uses 'kalih switches' will have a title of 'fake-cherrymx switches' and be regarded 'fake mechanical keyboard'

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

So after discovering that i hate nearly every available switch from cherry ive looked to other sources such as the RED SWITCH(*dramatic music*), this comes with the Zalman ZM-K500(i like zalman a lot).

My question is will the switches feel different because this may sound stupid but its a good thing in my situation? Its also only costs £30.

You could always try things like alps and buckling springs if you can get your hands on a keyboard that uses them

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

There are old keyboards that use space invader switches, fujitsu made some of their own switches as well. Alps has a huge range of coloured stems that all have a very high actuation point/modern day matias has 2 main switches...

And by saying you've tried nearly every switch, I hope you're not just referring to only Blue, Brown, Red and Black. Cause those aren't even close to half of the numerous colours Cherry has to offer.

There's still MX Green, White, (Vintage) Clear, Vintage Blue, Vintage Brown, Vintage Black, Tactile Gray, Gray, Dark Gray, Super Black, Orange(Hirose) and the countless different Korean springs (45g,55g,62g,65g,67g,80g,golden variants of those), lube combinations (Krytox GPL103/GPL201 oil & grease,Victorinox oil), different Keycap thickness, material and profiles to make for a completely different feel and sound.