High End Business Workstation Tips

Alexcalibur
1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Sure the c7 is ok too

No ecc ram is not worth it unless your running a storage server that stores stuff for like the NSA

This is just for general buisness use like excel and some occasional video editing. Thanks for the reply :) 

Just now, IskanderEXC said:

I actually considered that, but will the extra 4 cores make that much of a difference while doing video rendering and editing?

Probaly but if its the same price then go for it

My life

2 minutes ago, Whaler_99 said:

2 - Only really needed for servers. I never use ECC in workstations. The cost doesn't justify the benefit.

3 - RAID on the intel boards is dead simple to setup, esp on a new board. RAID1 gives you piece of mind with minimal performance impact.

3. I want to do RAID because I have seen the performance improvements, but I am too nervous to do it for the first time on a couple grand PC that isn't even mine lol. I might try it on my own personal rig. Could you point me somewhere I might find more info on it?

Just now, IskanderEXC said:

3. I want to do RAID because I have seen the performance improvements, but I am too nervous to do it for the first time on a couple grand PC that isn't even mine lol. I might try it on my own personal rig. Could you point me somewhere I might find more info on it?

Almighty google

My life

14 hours ago, IskanderEXC said:

I actually considered that, but will the extra 4 cores make that much of a difference while doing video rendering and editing?

Depends on the software... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you need to drop 3K for light video editing and business work.

I had an account called Joegeddon active since April 20th 2015

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | XFX RADEON RX580 8GB XXX | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Thermaltake Versa H22 | Corsair RM550x PSU | MSI AM4 B450M-A PRO Motherboard

1TB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB M.2 WD BLUE SSD

Laptop - Asus UX303UA

Intel i7 6500U | Intel 530 Graphics | 12GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 256GB SATA 3 SSD