OC'ing with turbo boost or off? is it better to downclock at idle?

im trying to figure out if overclocking with turbo boost on or off is better and if its better to down clock at idle for example overclocking to 4.5 ghz and vcore temp at 1.3xx and have it there at loads and something say maybe 4.0 and 1.2xx temps at idle or is it better to stay at 4.5 1.3xx temps with turbo off at all times for better oc and would with turbo on and down clocking at idle helps with cpu life which one should i go with cause i only want the oc when playing games i dont need it to stream and bs on the internet.

It would'nt affect cpu life much. Its all about energy efficiency. The option is obvious in that realm.

On top of that, there is not much reason to turn turbo boost off so I dont see why you would do so. With it active, you can get really really similar oc's but with much better power regulation

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

so turbo boost wouldnt boost an overclock past its original set boost like i got the skylake i7 6700k and the turbo boost is 4.2 but im set at 4.4 or 4.5 so it would boost it up past that? but it would down clock at idle?? or when not in game? id rather it be  like that only at 4.4 or 4.5 in game or when i need it to be other than that let it downclock to 4.o and voltages back to base settings but idk how to if it even can do that. if someone would like to help id appreciate it