24 pin problem

Not sure wheteher this should be in psu or mobo section, so please feel free to move it, thanks mod

Hi i was building my rig today and was connectin the 24 pin from psu to motherboard. i have tried as hard as i can to push, it wont snap into place. it has a gap about the thickness of nails.

https://imgur.com/a/TKNWj

any advice? and is it safe to leave it like this?

Thanks for looking

the side with the little plastic thing standing out is on the right and try to press the plastic levery thing while pushing it in

1 minute ago, DaBeggad said:

the side with the little plastic thing standing out is on the right and try to press the plastic levery thing while pushing it in

you mean push the 4 pin toward the 20 pin, then push forward?

okay on the first pic of yours look left.. theres a plastic thing you have to press that towards the 20pin.... also turn around the whole thing so the plastic thing is on the right hand side

Also make sure both connectors are clean and fine - no foreign objects blocking, no bent pins etc.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

The tiny 4 pin segment slides on one side into the larger 20 pin connector , or the other way around. Don't try to push them in the 24 pin connector separately. 

Basically one of the segments has some extra plastic which forms a sort of channel in which the other segment slides and stays very fit with the other segment.

When inserting the full connector, put your fingers under the socket on the motherboard, so the board won't flex too much when you push the connector in the socket.

24 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The tiny 4 pin segment slides on one side into the larger 20 pin connector , or the other way around. Don't try to push them in the 24 pin connector separately. 

Basically one of the segments has some extra plastic which forms a sort of channel in which the other segment slides and stays very fit with the other segment.

When inserting the full connector, put your fingers under the socket on the motherboard, so the board won't flex too much when you push the connector in the socket.

yes i did put them together then push forward.  Just now i unplug it (which was pretty tight), and just plug the 4 pin by ot self and it turn out pretty smooth, but however the 20 pin was pretty hard to plug in