Looking to upgrade, looking for opinions

I currently have an AMD FX 8350(OC'd to 4.4Ghz) 16 GB of GSkill Aries series RAM(1333Mhz), a sapphire Dual-X OC R9 280 3GB, Gigabyte GA-970-DS3p (rev 2.0) motherboard and a EVGA 600w B1 80+ Bronze rated PSU.  I know the i5 6600k is a good CPU, but the rest I have no clue as to the quality.  Can you guys help me out a bit??  Here's the combo deal link from newegg:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3020936

Just now, CyDone said:

I currently have an AMD FX 8350(OC'd to 4.4Ghz) 16 GB of GSkill Aries series RAM(1333Mhz), a sapphire Dual-X OC R9 280 3GB, Gigabyte GA-970-DS3p (rev 2.0) motherboard and a EVGA 600w B1 80+ Bronze rated PSU.  I know the i5 6600k is a good CPU, but the rest I have no clue as to the quality.  Can you guys help me out a bit??  Here's the combo deal link from newegg:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3020936

The motherboard is nothing special but it will get the job done and RAM is RAM so you can't really go wrong

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

The motherboard is nothing special but it will get the job done and RAM is RAM so you can't really go wrong

Well the whole reason I am going with the K version of the i5 6600 is "future proofing".  Yes, I know you can't really future proof anything......but being able to overclock the CPU will extend it's lifetime and value for me.  So, is that board okay for decent overclocking?

Oh I should also say that I am a fledgling content creator and streamer as well.  So, will this be okay for those as well?

Just now, CyDone said:

Well the whole reason I am going with the K version of the i5 6600 is "future proofing".  Yes, I know you can't really future proof anything......but being able to overclock the CPU will extend it's lifetime and value for me.  So, is that board okay for decent overclocking?

It will be ok but you may want to invest in some MOSFET heatsinks if you want to do any major overclocling

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

Just now, CyDone said:

Oh I should also say that I am a fledgling content creator and streamer as well.  So, will this be okay for those as well?

It will be fine but an I7 would help speed up rendering times

PSU tier list- 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

It will be ok but you may want to invest in some MOSFET heatsinks if you want to do any major overclocling

Well, I mean I'm not going for CRAZY overclocks lol.  Maybe from the 3.5Ghz base clock to maybe 4.0Ghz.

Just now, CyDone said:

Well, I mean I'm not going for CRAZY overclocks lol.  Maybe from the 3.5Ghz base clock to maybe 4.0Ghz.

you should be good then

PSU tier list- 

Just now, Matt_98 said:

It will be fine but an I7 would help speed up rendering times

Well, I'm used to the AMD FX8350 render times lol.  Shouldn't the i5 6600k be better than that in render times?

1 minute ago, CyDone said:

The multi threading probably won't be much better, maybe even worse depending on what OC you get out of it. Single threading is way better and game fps will improve a lot.

even though its a good deal, i would wait for zen. Their quadcore with hyperthreading (I know its not called hyperthreading but who cares) is going to be 150 dollars and might out perform intel enough for them to lower their prices anyways.

Just now, CyDone said:

Well, I'm used to the AMD FX8350 render times lol.  Shouldn't the i5 6600k be better than that in render times?

Yes

PSU tier list- 

Just now, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

The multi threading probably won't be much better, maybe even worse depending on what OC you get out of it. Single threading is way better and game fps will improve a lot.

even though its a good deal, i would wait for zen. Their quadcore with hyperthreading (I know its not called hyperthreading but who cares) is going to be 150 dollars and might out perform intel enough for them to lower their prices anyways.

I'm a planner lol.  I wouldn't be getting this until Feb/march of next year anyways, when I get my tax return.  But, obviously, I would like to save as much money as possible.  I am gonna wait to see what Zen has to offer, but as it stands right now, Intel is the king of the roost.

2 minutes ago, CyDone said:

I'm a planner lol.  I wouldn't be getting this until Feb/march of next year anyways, when I get my tax return.  But, obviously, I would like to save as much money as possible.  I am gonna wait to see what Zen has to offer, but as it stands right now, Intel is the king of the roost.

You should honestly ask when you're ready then. a lot might change in the CPU market very soon.

Just now, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

You should honestly ask when you're ready then. a lot might change in the CPU market very soon.

I agree, but as I said, I'm a planner.  I can't help myself when thinking about an upgrade, but I'm not as knowledgeable as the people here about the parts.  And even if Zen turns out to be amazing, the likelihood that I will be able to get my hands on any of their cpu's at the time I want to upgrade will most likely be low lol.