IE running in background of windows 10

SM-G950U

Help me please, whenever I am doing anything after about 5 to 10 minutes IE (Internet explorer) just decides, yeah i'm gonna start, it eats up 20% or so of my CPU usage and slows everything, even the most basic tasks! (watching YT, Internet browsing etc) I cant understand this for 2 reasons, 1. my CPU and the rest of my computer is pretty powerful, i5-6400, a gtx 960, 8gb o ram, and as i am posing this it just happened again. Many times it will open 2 or 3 copies, along with resisting trying to end its task. I just included a screen shot, idk why. Oh and there it just did it again, get over it i use opera. but thats not the point.

Any help is greatly appreciated, 

Eli.  

Screenshot_2.png

hey thanks for the help,

i tried that with malwarebytes, avast, and windows defender.

13 minutes ago, Eli3777 said:

anything else?

You have a horrid virus on your computer. It's called Internet Explorer.

might be some form of corruption, go a sfc /scannow

(frankly it shouldn't be using 4GB of RAM unless you have something SERIOUS going on in it, like 40 tabs+)

if you don't need IE, uninstall it. In programs and features, there is an option called turn system features on and off (or something like that). you can uninstall IE there

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

Close IE, and open Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari/Edge, and do the same daily taks you are usually doing and see if the same happens with those browser. If you don't get the same problem, just stop using IE.

Otherwise there is some other bug with your PC

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

9 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Close IE, and open Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari/Edge, and do the same daily taks you are usually doing and see if the same happens with those browser. If you don't get the same problem, just stop using IE.

Otherwise there is some other bug with your PC

i dont use ie, ever... i dont think i have ever opened it

16 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

if you don't need IE, uninstall it. In programs and features, there is an option called turn system features on and off (or something like that). you can uninstall IE there

that seems to have worked

19 minutes ago, Eli3777 said:

that seems to have worked

Great!

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

oh... now none of my shortcuts have icons anymore

could this be related, it happened right after that restart when i disabled ie 

****! its back, i had uninstalled it but now even though its UNINSTALLED! its still coming back 

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

Nuke hard drive from orbit

Reinstall windows

Profit.

yeah i know i should but i dont want to loose files