Question about IO Shield

Hello.

I have a quick question about the io shield. When installing the motherboard how am I supposed to put the ports into the IO shield. There some metal that is sort of blocking the IO shield and I wanted to ask if that is normal.

Thanks for the help and have a nice day.

_DSC0421.JPG

clip that I/O shield in properly to the case (not like photo)

mobo enters case at slight angle , ports pointing to shield.

Bend those top tabs up a bit to give yourself some room. Out of the box they're a bit too low usually. They're meat to contact the top of each connector to create a grounding point so don't snip them off or anything. 

You also need to push the shield all the way in, I can see at least one corner out in the picture. It can be very tight so if it hurts your fingers, use the handle of a screwdriver or something. 

Then just put the motherboard in at an angle and tilt it down once it's in. You can see the standoffs though the mounting holes to help you align everything. Holt the motherboard in place and take a good look at all the connectors. If any of the grounding tongues slipped into ttheir connectors, re-do the steps. If not, put the right-most middle screw in first. With that screw and the tension form the shield, the motherboard is best held in place while you put the rest of the screws in. 

This is off-topic, but I'd like to add that before you put the motherboard in, take out the correct I/O covers for your GPU and other cards. With these cheap cases you're supposed to bend those inward to remove them so there's a high risk that you'll scratch your motherboard if it's in there. 

I'd personally put the PSU in first and set the cables to hang over the side. It's easier to fit it without the mobo in the way. And regarding the motherboard, I'd have the CPU, RAM and CPU cooler on it already at this point.

Just now, Naeaes said:

Bend those top tabs up a bit to give yourself some room. Out of the box they're a bit too low usually. They're meat to contact the top of each connector to create a grounding point so don't snip them off or anything. 

You also need to push the shield all the way in, I can see at least one corner out in the picture. It can be very tight so if it hurts your fingers, use the handle of a screwdriver or something. 

Then just put the motherboard in at an angle and tilt it down once it's in. You can see the standoffs though the mounting holes to help you align everything. Holt the motherboard in place and take a good look at all the connectors. If any of the grounding tongues slipped into ttheir connectors, re-do the steps. If not, put the right-most middle screw in first. With that screw and the tension form the shield, the motherboard is best held in place while you put the rest of the screws in. 

So the metal part in the ports of the IO shield I am just supposed to bend up?

4 minutes ago, notthatgoodwithtech said:

So the metal part in the ports of the IO shield I am just supposed to bend up?

Yes. But bend it back down after.

Just now, Naeaes said:

Yes. But bend it back down after.

Like this? And then once I have the Mobo in just bend them so that they touch the mobo ports._DSC0422.JPG

7 minutes ago, notthatgoodwithtech said:

Like this? And then once I have the Mobo in just bend them so that they touch the mobo ports._DSC0422.JPG

No, just the ones on the top. The ones that go sideways are supposed to be left on the outside like in this picture between the HDMI and Toslink:RQtBk0I.jpg