Magicforce 68 Keyboard Review

beach_boy98

Magicforce 68 review:

Overview:
Hello people who are currently reading my review of the magicforce 68 keyboard. To start of this is a very cheap ‘mechanical’ keyboard from Amazon. It ranges in price from £30 to £50 ($40 to $60) for the american Readers.Personally I went for the £30, my model was described as ‘Qisan Mechanical Keyboard Gaming Keyboard Blue Switch 68-Keys Mini Design (60%) Gaming Wired Keyboard Come with Free Data OTG Cable White Golden Magicforce’ 

Spoiler

puTj6o5.jpg

In The box
In the box there is: The Keyboard, A 60 inch (1.6m) white mini b usb cable, keycap puller and a micro USB OTG cable. The included keycap puller is terrible and you should replace it immediately with a wire keycap puller however on the whole the accessories get a A- with only the OTG cable being quite thin and likely to break but whatever they aren’t expensive anyway

Build Quality
. Once we get to the keyboard things step up a notch. The front plate is made of a rough powder coat like metal material. It looks and feels quite pleasing but man does it scratch easily. . Turning the keyboard over we see an all plastic back with 4 little rubber pad also 2 flip down feet with rubber tips. The whole keyboard has no flex when playing with it in my hand. When typing the keyboard only slightly flexes when I bottom has hard as I possibly can.

Layout
  Now let’s talk about layout. All models of this keyboard are ANSI which is different after a life on ISO but doable. The lack of a pound sign is kinnda an issue but not really. The lack of dedicated F keys also hurts by i guess they did at least allow an FN key to access them on another layer of key. Still there are plenty of media control keys on second layers to lots of the buttons anyway. 

Teardown
Before taking it apart you need to take out the 6 screws highlighted in the point here. Once there are taken out the back panel lifts off and you can see the PCB and connector. Be careful to disconnect the cable connecting the mini usb connector the board.Once we are in you can clearly see the switches use standard mounting points and could be swapped out fairly easily. (Even the basic model has Support LEDs at the PCB level). But sadly nothing interesting here other than what I have mentioned before. One note to be able to do anything to the top plate every single switch will need to be desoldered. Bummer really. 

Spoiler

3bLkDoD.png

2bL9fFH.jpg

Switches
Finally let’s talk about the switches. I , personally, have the ‘Blue Switch’ model. For a little context I have been a Dome users for as long as I have been using keyboards only trying out mechanical keyboards a few times in the past. I have to say these feel really nice coming from a rubber dome keyboard. The switches are real nice and clicky which I find quite nice in a keyboard. They can be quite loud however. They are quite light to actuate so I find myself bottoming out quite frequently, so an o-ring mod may be an upgrade in the future. 

Spoiler

3RfSlst.jpg

Conclusion
In conclusion if you are looking for a solid keyboard for gaming or even general PC usage with good feeling switches this is a solid choice. It is not the fanciest but it has good build quality and looks. Thanks for reading and please suggest ways I can improve my reviews in the future. :)

It's quite hard to make out but it looks like it uses Outemu blues. knock-off chinese cherry MX but still a good switch 

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2016 at 4:23 AM, Technicolors said:

It's quite hard to make out but it looks like it uses Outemu blues. knock-off chinese cherry MX but still a good switch 

No, they are Gaterons, unless OP get ones with Outemu, the Magicforce 68 also come with Cherry MX switches btw, so yeah, they have options