Acer Aspire 5738ZG upgrade

Hey guys, i've been told that acer doens't support upgrades from T to Q

this one has T4400 which is too low, i was thinking to upgrade to QX9300 which is 100$ on ebay but i don't know if it's possible.

Did anyone have experience with something like this?

29 minutes ago, nermain said:

Hey guys, i've been told that acer doens't support upgrades from T to Q

this one has T4400 which is too low, i was thinking to upgrade to QX9300 which is 100$ on ebay but i don't know if it's possible.

Did anyone have experience with something like this?

It's going to be too much of a hassle even if it recognized. You'd have modify the cooler to cool the dual-die chip. You see, you now have one of these cooling one of these but you want to fit one of these in there. Spot the double rectangle peg to a square hole -situation? The contact surface isn't the entire story though. You have to also transfer the heat way more efficiently.

Just for comparison, the task is usually handled by one of these. (Triple heatpipes without the dedicated GPU even in there)

Then there's the power delivery. I'm pretty sure the laptop doesn't have the capacity to feed the QX in the first place.

46 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

It's going to be too much of a hassle even if it recognized. You'd have modify the cooler to cool the dual-die chip. You see, you now have one of these cooling one of these but you want to fit one of these in there. Spot the double rectangle peg to a square hole -situation? The contact surface isn't the entire story though. You have to also transfer the heat way more efficiently.

Just for comparison, the task is usually handled by one of these. (Triple heatpipes without the dedicated GPU even in there)

Then there's the power delivery. I'm pretty sure the laptop doesn't have the capacity to feed the QX in the first place.

Thank you that was very informative

Im sorry but i have to ask this, you can upgrade CPUs in Acer laptops? this is a news for me

"Strive to be the best and be the best!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Kazu, yes you can I have found a lot of videos about upgrading, but I suspect mines, cannot get a quad core, but a better dual core with lower power consumption is possible , for 30-40$ plus upgrading of ram is nice