What type of monitor would be best for me?

JTB7

I am currently looking at a 1080p 144hz, or a 1440p 60hz or a bit more if its cheap enough, as in $250 or less preferably.  I would love to get a 1440p 144hz, but they are way above my price range.  I have a gtx 1070, and play games like battlefield one, rainbow 6, rocket league, doom, the witcher, and fallout 4.  Could you guys recommenced a monitor for me, or what kind to get?

Games will benefit a lot more from more Hz than from resolution but if you also do a lot of work on your PC then 1440p would be very beneficial.

If you are looking to play on a high level go for the 144HZ. I played CS:GO on a really high level and it is impossible to compete without 144HZ. But if you are a casual gamer who appreciates his games. Then go for a 1440p monitor. You notice the difference, especially in games like Battlefield 1 and The Witcher. Your 1070 should be able to handle it all fine.

The BenQ BL2420PT would be a good cheap option.

Here's my two cents. You have more than enough GPU power to push 1440p @ 60Hz on max. Which means that you could easily push 1080p @ 144Hz. I personally would go with the 1440p @ 60Hz since you're not doing any serious FPS games. 

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV