i5 6400 the division

hi i was wondering if my i5 6400 is the cause of the stuttering on the division and if so what other games does it bottleneck 

ive got a R9 280x 8gb ram and i5 6400

thanks

the r9 280x is likely the bottleneck

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 minute ago, That_Random_Guy said:

the r9 280x is likely the bottleneck

but my gpu usage is usually sitting around 90%??

i have a r9 280 in my old amd rig. the 280x isnt much more powerful than that and i know what fps i was getting along with what settings at 1080p. your dealing with an old card. it can have all the ram and such you want it too, that doesnt mean its got the cpu power to use it all. the processor is not the bottleneck. especially the newer ones. you will only bottleneck the cpu in extremely cpu intensive multithreaded workloads which games are not.

and 90% usage is pretty well maxed out

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

2 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

i have a r9 280 in my old amd rig. the 280x isnt much more powerful than that and i know what fps i was getting along with what settings at 1080p. your dealing with an old card. it can have all the ram and such you want it too, that doesnt mean its got the cpu power to use it all. the processor is not the bottleneck. especially the newer ones. you will only bottleneck the cpu in extremely cpu intensive multithreaded workloads which games are not.

what sort of upgrade could you recomend new or used for about $350-$450 thats AUD 

Just now, Natho292 said:

what sort of upgrade could you recomend new or used for about $350-$450 thats AUD 

i dont recommend upgrades to people. its not my thing, there are plenty of threads that come onto LTT that are about topics like that

I just posted a similar topic, prob shoulda read this one first. Same thing but with the i5 6500 and R7 370. So "That_Random_Guy" you are saying because our gpus are so weak our processor has to work harder? I figured that but didn't know for sure.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB